Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proline karts
Anyone familiar with the Proline sprint karts? I had a friend with a laydown Proline, and there are some nice photos on a different website of one, but I think I might have found a late 1984 KG-4 (best I can tell) that I am thinking would be real nice with one of the K88's I have on it. Anyone with experience with Proline?
I had three of the sprint chassis. All from the early eighties. They handled great. But one serious thing I didnt like was the thin wall tubing. Narrow front end and conventional frame design for the time. The inner rail that holds motor mount was 16 gauge or thinner tubing. Not the same as main rail. It will collapse on you if tightening the motor mount. Otherwise not major complaints on the frames. They didnt have a long career, but were very competitive.

I saw plenty of the laydowns on a national level. Not many locally tho. They are very similar to one of the major makes at the time. Nothing wrong with them, since they had their share of the wins.

I went from a 20 year old out of date Hornet Allegra, then LP1, Wishbone, Trick, and finally an older Emmick before being really competitive on a national level. Wish I had seen the light earlier. There was nothing even close to an Emmick laydown when properly set up.

My recommendation is not putting really soft or wide tires on kart. Stay with the 4.50 front and 6.00 rear. A harder SL or spec compound works fine.