Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GVKC - Avon, NY, monthly vintage class for 2020
The Genesee Valley Kart Club (Avon, NY) 2020 season is quickly approaching.  Once again, for this season we have monthly vintage kart dates scheduled, along with our regular classes.  They will be the third weekend of every month, with the dates being:  5/17, 6/21, 7/19, 8/16, 9/20, and 10/18.  In addition, if anyone wants to stay for the Sunday following either the Historic or VKA weekends  - 6/8 and 7/25 – you are welcome to do so.  Any and all VKA classes are welcome to run, including the local option vintage 4 cycles.  In addition, we would also like to run post vintage/classic karts from 1991 through 2005.  Check the GVKC website for more information.  There is a section in the rulebook about the vintage class.  (http://gvkc.racing/?fbclid=IwAR3FYHIkp_p...SqV-LZHX7k)  Vintage karts are welcome to run any weekend, not just on the monthly dates.  If you have a few buddies that want to run on a particular weekend, just let us know and we’ll make arrangements to accommodate you.  If you need more information, you can message the GVKC Facebook page also.  Come out and join us!
Due to the Covid-19 virus, the opening day for the Genesee Valley Kart Club has been postponed indefinitely.  As much as I know we all want to get on the track again, I think this is a wise decision.  I'll keep you all informed when the track is set to open.  In the meantime, get those vintage karts ready!

This reinforces the idea that we all need to stay home and do our part to stop the spread of this virus.  The sooner this ends, the sooner we can all get on the track!
The Avon track is racing again! That's good news for all of us! Unfortunately for me, the virus has set all of my summer projects way behind and I haven't had time to even dust off any of my karts, let alone get anything running. With the VKA weekend coming up on July 23-25, let's keep the focus on that and make that the GREAT EVENT once again that it always is. I would like to keep the vintage dates alive for August 16, September 20, and October 18. I know there's going to be make-up events going on as well, so we may have to adjust. I hope to see everyone on July 23!