Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartman Enduro (1982)
I'm pictured here after completing the initial shakedown runs of the survival restoration of the 1982 Hartman Enduro Laydown kart owned by Herb and Dave Dickel.

(02-21-2017, 08:05 AM)Scott Elkes Wrote: I'm pictured here after completing the initial shakedown runs of the restored and owned of Herb and Dave Dickel's Hartman Enduro kart. I do not know the year.

The serial number has the year it was built. Usually there are initials in the number too.  Usually you will see "SD" in the number meaning Steve Dirkson built it.
(08-06-2017, 10:17 AM)j. Bratton Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 08:05 AM)Scott Elkes Wrote: I'm pictured here after completing the initial shakedown runs of the restored and owned of Herb and Dave Dickel's Hartman Enduro kart. I do not know the year.

The serial number has the year it was built. Usually there are initials in the number too.  Usually you will see "SD" in the number meaning Steve Dirkson built it.

With help from Greg O'Dell, a vintage kart road racer and anther Hartman kart owner, guided us to where the SN is located while we were at the DKC/AKRA Mid-Ohio race event. We located the number. I believe it was "SD" and the number was 82. I updated the original post of ? with 1982.
VIDEO - Hartman Kart at PIRC

I went to the 2018 Dart Kart Club's 'Pittsburgh International Race Complex' with the Dickels for a race day. The Dickels installed Maxxis brand* tires on the Hartman laydown for Pitt to try. The kart was a handful, we missed on finding the right tire pressures and reluctantly passed on the race. 

Here is a brief tour of the incredible Pitt facility and the short practice sessions.
https://youtu.be/04lMxKGeZ_0

* Note: I raced on Bridgestones at the earlier Michigan Kart Club's MIS Fall Classic race event.