Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Walbro WB3A on Mac
I have not seen anything related to using a Walbro from a KT100 on macs. When set up properly they sure do function well. At least on the piston ports I have run in the past. After drilling out the low speed circuit, these carbs are really easy to tune. At least from my experience. Since I have boxes full of them, thought might find out what they can do.

Bolt pattern is the same, but I want to add the aluminum adapter like used on Yamaha. I plan to use it with a stock intake manifold for small carb. The adapter will be a copy, but drilled to fit the manifold, instead of the smaller bolt pattern of phenolic space This will also index Walbro at the same angle as Yamaha. Then stock throttle linkage can be used.

With this adapter bolted to stock intake, I will run a tapered reamer down the hole big enough to fit a Go-Power 6 pedal reed cage or similar. I have the parts sitting around and the cost is zero, so why not? The mac will be nine ported, so no problems that I see.

Yes I will need to add a place for the pulse tube, but not an issue. Any thoughts?
no thoughts except it's good to see your still around
(11-26-2019, 07:16 PM)Terry Bentley Wrote: I have not seen anything related to using a Walbro from a KT100 on macs. When set up properly they sure do function well. At least on the piston ports I have run in the past. After drilling out the low speed circuit, these carbs are really easy to tune. At least from my experience. Since I have boxes full of them, thought might find out what they can do.

Bolt pattern is the same, but I want to add the aluminum adapter like used on Yamaha. I plan to use it with an intake manifold for small carb. The adapter will be a copy, but but drilled to fit the stock manifold. This will also index Walbro at the same angle as Yamaha. Then stock throttle linkage can be used.

With this adapter, I will run a tapered reamer down the hole big enough to fit a Go-Power 6 pedal reed cage or similar. I have the parts sitting around and the cost is zero, so why not? The mac will be nine ported, so no problems that I see.

Yes I will need to add a place for the pulse tube, but not an issue. Any thoughts?

Good idea Terry, please let us know how it works!
why not fix the high speed ala tilly style so the carb works as it should? I've been thinking about this. Carb just seems kind of screwed up in stock form. Not that it doesn't work but can if be far better?.
It might be far better or even much worse. But the world may never know if someone doesnt bother to find out.
sounds like a neat experiment. 
nice to see you posting again.
you must be nearly done with your"shack in the woods".
keep us posted on results.
d Cool
Dave L.