Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RLV axle sprockets
Have any of the guys been running the No. 35 RLV axle sprockets? I just found a couple new in the package, and I wondered are they true in axial and radial runout? Thanks. Ted
(11-18-2019, 01:01 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Have any of the guys been running the No. 35 RLV axle sprockets? I just found a couple new in the package, and I wondered are they true in axial and radial runout? Thanks. Ted

Have run quite a few. Most were good. Some I did clock around the hub to cancel out the tolerances, like any gear sets.
Thanks, Al. I had talked with my favorite kart shop, and they had recommended Rocket. The only time I had tried Rocket, they had run really crooked. I remember uninstalling them and putting on Horstman instead. I've been running Horstman ever since, but I didn't have the 69T Horstman on hand. I will install the NOS RLV I have here. I use the proprietary Comet clamp hub, and they all seem very concentric. Ted
I had good luck with them. They wear out quicker and bend over easier than Horstman, but also a lot cheaper. At least they used to be. All the ones I have are leftovers from the late 90's. There is always clearance with the hub and sprocket. I would roll the axle over until chain tightened up then loosen the 6 sprocket nuts and tighten back up. It usually help center everything to run truer.
Thanks, Terry. Will do my best to center things. I was actually going to use one of my old black Appco sprockets from the eighties. It's still in very good shape. I may yet use that one. Ted