Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Avon/GVKC vintage date - Sunday, September 15th!
Sunday, September 15th will be our next vintage date at the Genesee Valley Kart Club in Avon, NY.  There's only two dates left, this one and October 13th.  These will be run in conjunction with our regular weekly classes.  It makes a couple more chances to get some track time in before the snow flies!  Mark it on your calendars.

PS:  I've proposed the idea of running post-vintage karts - 1990 thru 2000 - to the club members to increase our turnout.  If you have any thoughts on that please let me know.
the more the merrier in my humble opinion.
on a general track day with modern already running why exclude anyone wanting to run older gear?

you'd have to make some sort of rough guideline probably using the newest set of rules for what kart class shows up would work fine. 
or if you really want it interesting do a sportsman run what you brung open class and let anyone interested run in that grid.
if you do that open sportsman class only thing i'd suggest is keeping soft modern tires separate from skinny hard tires.

my two cents,
d Cool
Dave L.
Something has come up and it's not looking too good for me that I'm going to be able to make it to the track this Sunday. I really hope this doesn't discourage anyone else from going, I'd like to see this monthly vintage thing take off. Things don't always work out the way I'd like them to for me. It seems like this year has been especially tough. Go run those vintage karts and have a good time. I'm going to try my best to make the October date. I have to get one more run in before the season is over!
go karts is a hobby.
life is what we do.
hope you're ok .
d Cool
Dave L.
Everything is fine Dave, thanks for inquiring. It's just a matter of too many commitments coming up on the same day and I have to make choices. The hard part is one way or the other I have to let somebody down. I haven't made many races at all this year, even with my new kart. Oh well, such is life. All I can do is hope next year goes better - I know I'm gonna try!

Whether I'm there or not, I hope there's a good turnout!