Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M.S.S. Lancer-Bullet Karts
1973 Meyers Speed Shop Lancer-Bullet (Enduro). !972 IKF Grand Nationals Championship Souvenir ad. 

.jpg   PW KN 1972SouvenirBullet.jpg (Size: 3.41 MB / Downloads: 19)

The Meyers Speed Shop Lancer kart from California (Late 60s/70s) is often confused with the Lancer manufactured in Findlay, Ohio (late 1950s-1962 / 1968-?) / Rupp Mansfield, Ohio (1963-67). Due to a U.S. economic downturn (1962) many kart producers ended operations. Mickey Rupp (Dart) and Bob Jeffries (Lancer) came to an agreement for Rupp to manufacture the Lancer competition karts (My understanding the Lancer Fun Karts were still produced in Findlay). For the 1968 model year, the Jeffries Lancer competition kart returned to Findlay for production. Pure speculation on my part, Rupp's operation was experiencing tremendous growth with minibikes and snowmobiles and the competition sprint Dart karts have become a small portion of the business.
Meyers Speed Shop Lancer-Bullet (Sprint). World Karting Ads (1973 March)

.jpg   World Karting 197303010 Dea0ler Hill Dist Lancer Bullet c.jpg (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 24)

.jpg   World Karting 197303011 MFG Meyers_Lancer Bullet c.jpg (Size: 785.33 KB / Downloads: 19)

The Meyers Speed Shop Lancer kart from California (Late 60s/70s) is often confused with the Lancer manufactured in Findlay, Ohio (late 1950s-1962 / 1968-?) / Rupp Mansfield, Ohio (1963-67). Due to a U.S. economic downturn (1962) many kart producers ended operations. Mickey Rupp (Dart) and Bob Jeffries (Lancer) came to an agreement for Rupp to manufacture the Lancer competition karts (My understanding the Lancer Fun Karts were still produced in Findlay). For the 1968 model year, the Jeffries Lancer competition kart returned to Findlay for production. Pure speculation on my part, Rupp's operation was experiencing tremendous growth with minibikes and snowmobiles and the competition sprint Dart karts have become a small portion of the business.