Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUTCH K'S STUFF ON EBAY
3/21/2019

THREE OF BUTCH'S KARTS - AN EMMICK LEFT HAND ENDURO, A  BUCKET BUG, AND A BUG WASP ARE ON EBAY.  THERE ARE TWO MC93S WITH HARTMAN CLUTCHES, THIRD BEARING MOUNT, STARTER NUT, AND HEADER.  IT'S NOT CHEAP, BUT NONE OF IT IS EASY TO COME BY.

SMOKEY
Heaven knows I already have enough hardware to trip over... Just curious, what is the E-Bay handle for the listings?

Doug
bryifish  (a search for vintage kart will also turn up some of his stuff - two of the karts were sidelined by a phony bidder they will be back next week)
(04-05-2019, 08:53 PM)Blaine Young Wrote: bryifish  (a search for vintage kart will also turn up some of his stuff - two of the karts were sidelined by a phony bidder they will be back next week)

Blaine...what was the guys name on ebay,,,will post it on FB and others to block his bids...,,,idiots...

gw
I am reluctant to post the phony name because it is too close to a real athlete's name.  However, on the better news side, I will be driving to Ohio in late April for my mom's 92nd birthday.  I will be at Butch's memorial at Freemont and could deliver (for free) any of Butch's stuff to the race.  I'll have ads for some of my bulky stuff with the same option for delivery to Freemont.

Smokey
Smokey -- were you going to be driving up to Alaska this year?  Now that is one drive I have not made and I will follow you in the Mini just to get some real miles on my car.  Might even sell it up there and fly back since I would not need the torture test twice on my body or the car.  One of those things on my "bucket list" that I would like to do before I cash in.  

Jim
Jim......let me know when you make that trip.....on my bucket list also,,,,but not in a Mini...LOL

Smokey.....you da man.....see you at Fremont....Fish Fry will be at my house this year....all done doing those 80-90 people fries,,,,

gw
Fair warning to anyone interested in Alaska.  Get me started talking about the great land and I never shut up.  The best way to get an idea of what a trip up would be like is to purchase or borrow a book called the Milepost.  It lists everything on the access routes and the road system in Alaska (except the most recent business failures from the oil price collapse).  The best road trip is in an RV (rented, borrowed, or with friends who have one) I used to tow our F150 behind our RV.  Make sure you try RVing out before you undertake this trip.  I never get tired of telling my Ma & Pa Kettle go to Ferrari Racing School story about RVing at it's worst.

The road trip is really interesting if you haven't done it.  I usually fly because it's lots cheaper and faster and I've made the road trip seven or eight times.  The road through Alberta is now the best with most of the route to the Alaska highway in 4 lane.  On my last trip I saw a herd of woods Buffalo of over 60 animals.  A sighting that still brings bad memories to the term Momma Grizzly was a group of naked bike riders who really really  needed to cover up despite a great 70 degree day in the Yukon.

I must admit that the idea of dragging Mr. Max Torque and Gary W to Alaska has great appeal.  With Dominick S's collection of restored karts, a great old car museum in Fairbanks, and other "lesser" attractions I should be able to keep them entertained for the 4 weeks you need to get up to Alaska and see a few of the highlights.

Smokey