Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update 12-12/13 new stuff
[attachment=3792][attachment=3792]
[attachment=3790][attachment=3791][attachment=3792][attachment=3790]
SOLD.......from the 12/9 post.   Mac49 intake and flatback carb.   Flywheel.   Second flywheel sale pending.  Stuffer.  Original paint flywheel cover.

NEW stuff.....odds and ends and a couple of big pieces.    I'M GONNA TO ADD PICTURES TO THIS THREAD.  WISH ME/US LUCK............

GEM  "The Quiet One" exhaust system.   Complete, with the exhaust connection, the intermediate flexible tube, and the coffee can shaped "muffler."   Dirty from use......removed from the "A Bone" I started with.
$50.   I'll include an exhaust gasket.

More to come everyone.    I've pegged the needle on the fun meter in my NUMEROUS AND REPEATED MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS to POST PICTURES.     I'll post the complete list of items on Thursday.  PICTURE:S WILL HAVE MAIL.  This site hates me!!!!!!!

Chuck

Here's the most up to date list of sold, to be followed by new pieces. 

SOLD        Mac flatback carb/manifold combo.  Mac Flywheels.  Original paint Mac flywheel cover.   Mac
stuffer plate.    Mac manifold/reed cage modified for HR Tillotson.

NEW STUFF

As listed above, the GEM "Quiet One" exhaust system.

Cast GEM  Mac motor mount, mounts the engine at an angle (30*?) thru the stuffer/bottom of the block.     And, this thing has a mounting base for a small Tillotson that feeds thru the bottom of the block.  NO REED CAGE, looks like it might use 6 petal Pyramid type.  The mounting base to mount it to the kart, has had the 4 bolt holes elongated/enlarged, probably with a round file.  The stuffer extensions show the results of a past engine issue......dents/dings/small gouges.   Usable with some cleanup and TLC.    $75.

Horstman can type muffler for a Mac.   Has a minor ding (probably a chain) on the bottom, engine side of the can.   Now for the downside.......the bottom end panel, and the wrap around portion seam separated at some point.  Not being a tig welder, I repaired it with JB Weld....haven't run it since the repair.   I'm certain the JB Weld is removable with a file and a Dremel tool and a wire brush......get a competent tig guy to stitch it up and there you go.  A little work and TLC, it can be  VERY nice.   $85.

Original 6" Bendix brake system removed from my Chaparral (vintage '69).  The drum has very little chrome left, but it is an original, not an Azusa.  Also has the original sprocket for mounting the drum.  The friction shoes are a segmented design, one of which has a small piece missing.  They're riveted.   Never seen this style shoe design, possibly an attempt to upgrade braking on a twin engine kart?   Includes the activator arm.     $85.

A total of 5 sprocket hubs, all for a 1" axle.  They are I'm sure, different manufacturers due to the ribs and hole designs.  One uses a 3 bolt tapered locking wedge, the others all use 4 bolt type.  And, there are 2 different diameters of wedges.......2 1/4" and 2 5/8"  They run the gamut from butt ugly (bu the wedge lock is fine), to ok/usable.  Some with minor chain rash.   Also have a wedge lock by itself.....it's the smaller diameter, 4 bolt.  And there's another wedge lock with a small crack in it.   Probably usable if you don't have one.      Tell me what you're interested in, I'll give you a price.   Nothing higher than $15.

PICTURES are available for all this stuff.  I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to post them.  I'll send them direct to your email.  They're pretty big and show detail.

EVERYTHING is sent with you paying shipping, though I've been helping with it.  I HATE paying shipping, but it's got to be.  I'll help you as much as I can.   Same with the quoted prices......I'm more interested in moving this stuff, than I am in big $$$.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE INQUIRED AND FOR SURE THOSE WHO BOUGHT.   I'm happy and so is my
lovely wife. 

Chuck
chuck can you send me a pic of the hortsman 5163822117 thanks John or email oldprobmx@yahoo.com
message sent send me a bill
yer bud
Cool
Dave L.