Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Digatron CHT thermocouple
Tonight was not a great night in the workshop. I have found myself in need of a Digatron CHT thermocouple, for an older DT32K1 instrument, for use with a MC91B. The cable has the small threaded coupler that attaches to a pigtail on the back of the gauge, and a thick brass ring that sits under the spark plug. The lead should stick up from the ring at a right angle, and should be approximately 53" long . Hoping to purchase and have ready in time for Cuddebackville, if anyone can help make that happen.

Thanks,

Kurt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-27-2018, 09:58 PM)Kurt Bogerman Wrote: Tonight was not a great night in the workshop. I have found myself  in need of a Digatron CHT thermocouple, for an older DT32K1 instrument, for use with a MC91B.  The cable has the small threaded coupler that attaches to a pigtail on the back of the gauge, and a thick brass ring that sits under the spark plug.  The lead should stick up from the ring at a right angle, and should be approximately 53" long .  Hoping to purchase and have ready  in time for Cuddebackville, if anyone can help make that happen.

Thanks,

Kurt

I bought two temp sensors directly from Digitron for my DT4C last year. Not cheap, but they work just fine.
email: Info@Digatronusa.com
Phone: 1-509-467-3128
Yeah, I tried calling them today. Closed on Fridays. Running out of time to have one shipped in time for Cuddebackville, especially from the west coast.
I did get one from Digatron. I called Monday, explained my timeframe, and it arrived today. As I mentioned in another forum, I learned two things:

1) The CHT for my meter is not a "thermocouple". It is a resistance based temperature sensor.

2) The sensor that I got with my meter is not correct for a McCulloch application. I had asked the seller to supply the meter with a MC sensor, but I got one that sticks up into the shroud. Fussing with that situation is part of what led to my sensor's failure.

A pic of the correct sensor, according to what Digatron supplied me, is attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)