Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OVER 60 YAMAHA CLASS AT CAMDEN
WE WILL OFFER IT SAME AS YAMAHA LIMITED BUT VINTAGE TIRES ARE REQUIRED.
Glad to see this class being offered. If I correctly understand the guidelines the proposed structure for this class is pre-80 chassis with 1” axle (along with the vintage tires and limited Yamaha set up)?
(08-17-2018, 06:22 PM)AK Windham Wrote: Glad to see this class being offered. If I correctly understand the guidelines the proposed structure for this class is pre-80 chassis with 1” axle (along with the vintage tires and limited Yamaha set up)?

same guidelines  as limited except vintage tires
So in other words, Cheng Shin tires? That seems kind of extreme.

I'd think something like Bridgestone SL's (That's what they used to call them, don't know what they call them now. I just know they're hard as a rock.) would be a good compromise. That was the spec tire for the Yamaha classes at Avon back in the '80's.

I'm just asking, not trying to start a controversy!
(08-18-2018, 10:14 AM)Brett Mallory Wrote: So in other words, Cheng Shin tires?  That seems kind of extreme.

I'd think something like Bridgestone SL's (That's what they used to call them, don't know what they call them now.  I just know they're hard as a rock.) would be a good compromise.  That was the spec tire for the Yamaha classes at Avon back in the '80's.

I'm just asking, not trying to start a controversy!

The original idea as I understood it and as it was presented at the New Castle event for input from participants was to boost the numbers of the present over 60 class OR create a Yamaha over 60. Current VKA guidelines for that class call for pre 1980 karts and vintage tires. Most of us running that class or that have run it use Vintage Speeds.
Some testing and experimenting has taken place and more has to be done before anything concrete is established.
Not sure the chassis with a 1 1/4 inch axle will be any better than the 80 and earlier chassis with a 1 inch axle. The tires might equalize the chassis.  This has nothing to do with VKA at this point in time.  
This is an optional separate class altogether .
Brett. Vintage Speed offers the tires for that class. Cheng Shin is pretty much done as they no longer off the 11x 4.50 x5. Vintage Speed 11x600x5 or 11x 4.50x 5
(08-17-2018, 06:22 PM)AK Windham Wrote: Glad to see this class being offered. If I correctly understand the guidelines the proposed structure for this class is pre-80 chassis with 1” axle (along with the vintage tires and limited Yamaha set up)?

hey Kent...If you need a fake birth certificate I understand our previous POTUS knows how to get one,,,maybe contact him???

yeah, I know, thats bad... but true,,,

gw
(08-20-2018, 06:05 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:

hey Kent...If you need a fake birth certificate I understand our previous POTUS knows how to get one,,,maybe contact him???

yeah, I know, thats bad... but true,,,

gw

i identify as a 60 year old
GEARBOX
Hey, GW. Former so-called POTUS also posed as an American citizen.... TJ