Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sears 300 kart
Wanted Sears Go Kart 300 fuel tank.
(06-18-2018, 01:55 PM)Ted Tine Wrote: Wanted Sears Go Kart 300 fuel tank.

if you find a second one let me know. I building the same kart for the wife.
Ted, I may have a tank.Send a personal message to me with your cell number and I will send a pic. Chris
ted, 
i told you i probably have the tank you'll need.
 i just need the correct dimensions to confirm. 
anyone out there have that spec??

Tom d,
i think i saw pix of your kart posted somewhere looks like it's decent roller.
i may have more than one tank or possibly ted isn't interested in mine.
the tank used was a common ultility tank if my memory of other guys building sears karts is still clear.
 if you have the tank specs send them to me and i'll check the tanks i have for match.

on a side note tere was several of these karts built/restored in years past.
i KNOW  there are really good threads on them so you both should do a search of the forums to find them.

heres one
sears kart thread
sears kart 2
d Cool
Dave L.
The NOS Techumseh tank I had that looks like the one in the Sears ad picture. This tank is roughly 8 " long 5 " wide 6" high maybe 3 to 4 qt capacity . Ted should have it in a day or so and maybe he can post a pic.

There was a restored Sears kart at Barnesville a few years ago that won the Kart show.
Dave I have no idea of the correct measurements for the tank since I have nothing to compare it to except pictures. Im guessing the 8 x 5 x 6 sounds about right.

Dave / Chris I did see that picture of the restored kart that won the Kart show and it was exceptional. The one I'm going to build won't be anything that nice. This is going to be for the wife to see if she really wants to do vintage karting.
Tom, Yes , that was done by Mark (can t remember his last name ) and it was a beautiful piece. I thought maybe you guys could get a better view of the tank.

Dave probably has at least one of those tanks ( probably several) if he can find em , lol.

Good luck with your project. Chris
Yeah you never know what Dave has stashed away some where.
i actually have about five Techumseh tanks that size i think.
 one is nos.

chris, i kinda hope you stuck ted a bit for the tank as he doesn't really listen when i mention stuff. ha ha ha
anyway will measure and confirm sizing and definitely will sell ya one tom.
they are in the gas tank section of my stuff i'm a bit more organized than people realize.
contact me on pm 
d Cool
Dave L.
I sold it for what I had in it plus freight. It has been sitting on the shelf for over 2 years , time to get it to someone who can use it !