Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHITELAND, IN
Don't forget to mark your calendar for easy going weekend in the garden spot of Indiana--Whiteland, IN mile marker 95 on route 65.  The event is June 1st and 2nd.   There is a great muscle car museum in Greenwood at Ray Skillman Ford dealership.  Worth the time to take a look at this private museum for muscle cars.  Nicely done, one rainy Friday a few years back I had the opportunity to take the tour and once I was there it could have rained all day because there was lots to see.  
I will be doing some cooking if you have missed my pulled pork.  The Fenwick's are bringing a couple of those great wiener's that are melt in your mouth delicious but we will only break into those if Stormy Daniels shows up!!!!

Jim D
Bring me some pork, Jimmy! Ted
Hi Jim,

Sounds like great fun. Wish I lived closer to stop over for your great pulled pork!

Still laughing on your Stormy Daniels comment. It seems she will swallow any " hot dog " for the correct price?

The hot dog may suffer bumps, burning or a rash afterwards? Be careful.

Big Grin
OOOH, Dean! When are we going to have a BBQ pork "Pull-Off" Rolleyes between you and Jimmy? The hungry vintage karters would almost certainly declare a draw, but I guarantee the eatin' group would be full and happy! We would ALL be weiners... Ted
(05-23-2018, 05:36 PM)ted johnson Wrote: OOOH, Dean! When are we going to have a BBQ pork "Pull-Off" Rolleyes between you and Jimmy? The hungry vintage karters would almost certainly declare a draw, but I guarantee the eatin' group would be full and happy! We would ALL be weiners... Ted

Dean has already won that "cook off".  He puts a lot of labor and love into his pork.  Starts at 7am with a slow smoke and it is still on the bone.  Then he pulls it off the bone, mixes in his secret sauce.  That was just too much work for guys that want to eat quick and get back on the track.  These guys are hungry and all they want is food.  Dean does a much better job than myself.  All I do is open up a package and put it in the pot, add some Sweet Bay Ray sauce, some onions for a nice bite.

Gary Wlodarsky had some home made coleslaw and his own special sauce for the coleslaw and he added that to some pulled pork we did at Camden and that certainly made a great sandwich. 

Jim
Jim, of course, Dean feeds us all at Tucson, and his food is above reproach-but yours is wonderful as well! We vintage karters are certainly lucky to be able to have great friends and cooks like you and Dean. Wink  Ted