Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucson vintage play days November 2, 3 and 4th 2018
Buump
Tucson Vintage Playdays are approaching quickly.

Hotel recommendation for all not camping at the track is;
Comfort Suites Airport
WebsiteDirections
Save

272 Google reviews

2-star hotel
Book a room

Address: 6935 S Tucson Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85756

Phone: (520) 295-4400
Hi all Vintage Karters,

The 3rd Annual Tucson Vintage Play Days are under 3 weeks away! 
November 2,3 and 4th at the Musselman Honda Circuit.
11800 S. Harrison Rd., Tucson Az. 

30.00 dollars per day or 90.00 for all 3 days. A great facility with super smooth racing surface. Also featuring real restrooms, 2 covered pit grids, covered eating area, and large parking area for those wanting to camp at the track. 

For those not camping at the track we suggest the Comfort Suites, 6935 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson Az. 85756. Ph# 520-295-4400.

Kart show  will be on Saturday @ 4pm with awards presented after BBQ.
Award classes are as follows;1.) Best restored rear engine
                                                2.) Best modified rear engine
                                                3.) Best restored sidewinder
                                                4.) Best modified sidewinder
                                                 5.) Best original
                                                  6.) Peoples choice- best of show

All participants will be the judges and will receive a ballot to vote for each class.

The event BBQ will be Saturday @ 5pm and will feature pulled pork and beef brisket cooked at the track in Dean's smoker. Beans and sides will also be provided. We will also have a BBQ feed on Sunday midday for our world outlaw karting guests and all are welcome.

Vintage karts are featured but we will allow modern karts to attend and will have separate 20 minute sessions to accommodate them as well. 

Any questions send a pm message.

Thank you and hope to see you there!!
Hi, Dean. With the kind assistance of Ron Cubel, the engine's on the old n1ke, the missing oil level plug is back in and all I have to do is put on the fuel hoses and rear wheels. Looking forward to seeing you, Jennifer and Joe, and eating your great food. Sister and brother-in-law should be here in time for the event.
Question: is it just us and the modern karts this year? No sports cars?
Sure hope we have a great turnout. I need to call you today or tomorrow. See you soon. Ted
Hi Ted,

I have had several replies of peoples intent to attend. We will welcome all that choose to.

Look forward to seeing all my vintage karting buddies.

Dean
Dean, great talking with you today. Maybe the clubs ignore the event because it's waaay out in no-man's land and not in Cali? Sure hope all the gang who say they're coming actually DO come. I'm anxious to see our Cali, New Mexico, Oregon and AZ friends. Talked to Paul Bennett last night, Pruit today and you. I need to talk to Larry Brown and see if he's going to make it, as well as Bill Pryor and John Greaves. Has anyone talked to Matt Azarra? Photon's ready to roll, and n1ke's 90% ready. Looking really forward to seeing you, Jen and Joe! Ted
Hi all vintage and classic karters,

For those attending our Tucson Vintage Playdays we are going to hold a  prize raffle with all proceeds benefitting Ernie Fisher's medical fund. Also the 1/2 half of the 50/50 raffle will benefit Ernie. We may have another raffle in the works as well to donate. Please bring your donations to help a friend of vintage and classic karting!

Thank You,
Dean
Just a couple days out from Tucson. Hope to see you all there!
I would like to thank all the attendees that drove across the country for our 3rd annual Tucson Vintage Kart Playdays.

The 4th annual Tucson Vintage Kart Playdays will be November 1st, 2nd and 3rd 2019 at Musselman Honda Circuit, Tucson.

We raised 380.00 from our gift and 50/50 raffles and donated all the proceeds to Ernie Fisher's Go Fund Me medical fund.