Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avon Antique & Historic Event June 7,8&9 Update
Really hoping I can join you guys Friday and/or Saturday.  My A-Bone is still hanging on the wall - haven't even had it fired up yet.  We've been busy as a cat covering youknowwhat working and racing on our "fire every other stroke" modern Euro karts.

Things aren't going real well on the home front - just taking it day by day.  I know it will be fun, Scott's events always are.  This one sounds like a real dandy!
The 2018 Avon Antique & Historic Event is over, and it was a lot of fun. Anyone who enjoys track time with their old time kart, meeting new people, and/or meeting old friends, should really look forward to doing this again if Scott and Sam put a 2019 event together.

This was my second-ever outing with my Grand Prix, and I had a blast! This event was about showing off your vintage machines and taking practice laps. Good natured sparring occured on the track at times, but always with a mind for each other's safety and preservation of the equipment.

For those who are into mini-bikes, there must be a robust minibike culture upstate, because several local guys showed up with stuff to sell, and there were a number of really nice minibikes on display.

I have attended "first annual" events before, including comic conventions, and film festivals, in addition to motorsport themed events. Many feel doomed from the start, and don't come back for the second annual, while others eat themselves up and die because of bad attitudes and bad behavior. The Avon Antique & Historic Event had a really good vibe. I applaud Scott, Sam, the track staff, and everyone in attendance for putting on a really nice "first annual" event. I hope that a new tradition was born! If a second annual is announced, seriously consider it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'ld like to thank Scott and Sam also. Weather was great,more track time than I could run, and got to meet some new guys to the Avon track. The improvements Al and his crew are doing are great,cant wait till we can run the new banked turn.July's event is coming soon. Should be fun. Thanks again.

John