Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac 91B1
I have a very nice Mac 91B1 for sale.   I thought I would offer here to you guys before putting it on Ebay.  I bought this motor from Steve O'Hara with the idea of installing it on the Margay Panther I did for my son.  I'm selling it because Mac engines are just not my cup of tea.  They are far more complex than West Bends and I am not set-up to work on them.  They are also a lot more tempromental than West Bends.  Consequently, I would rather sell it than take a chance on messing it up.  So here's the background on it.

Steve O'Hara built this engine for me specifically.  It is a Mac 91B1, standard bore with stock port, upgraded with a BDC 14 gas carb and Mac Super Rod.  Built summer of 2016 using a NOS Std. Wiseco piston and rings, new seals, gaskets, needle bearings, wrist pin and rod bolts.  Crank journals all right on factory specs.  Set-up for racing with .006 clearance.  All threads and keys are in excellent shape.  There is very minor fin damage around exhaust port.  This engine has never been "raced".  Has maybe 20 laps total of recreational use on it at Carolina Motor Sports Park.  Last run August 2017 after installing new condensor.  Chain guard included.  Header shown in pictures is not but will include for small additional price if needed.  I will be happy to send additional pictures to anyone interested.  Price of $595.00 does not include shipping.   I do have about 6 brand new NGK plugs I'll send with it.  Send me a PM if interested.

Only NON ETHANOL type gas used.

Dave required disclaimer fineprint:

Terms of offer to sell (aka, the "fine print"):
1.  This is not an auction.  There are no rules.  Ebay has rules.  This is not eBay.
2.  Offers to buy and all discussion only by PM, e-mail or phone call – not on the Forum. I'm not interested in assassinating your character, or having my character assassinated.                
3.Generally the successful buyer will be the first person to agree to buy the item at a specific price.  I don’t play bidding war games.  Life is too short.    4.  I reserve the right to not sell to anyone, at my discretion.  Please play nice.
5. All items are offered as-is, with no guarantees and no returns.  I may make an exception to this in special cases.                 
6.  Expectations of rapid response to PM’s and rapid shipping should be laid aside in favor of exercising your virtue of patience.
I may be quick, or I may be slow – but I always deliver.

created by James Waltz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

S O L D.    Thank you.