Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-runner
This is a 1963 A-Runner. small, light and handles great.

made new bumper, and extended it forward 1 1/2' to accommodate fox pedals. This gained much needed leg room.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shawn, that's a cool rig! Very workmanlike job. Ted
Shawn,great job. What did you do to make the steering wheel look so nice? or is it a different one?
(03-02-2018, 08:14 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Shawn, that's a cool rig! Very workmanlike job. Ted

thanks Ted,
 It was a fun project and my favorite kart to drive. I have it set up for sportsman rear with a mc90

(03-03-2018, 07:20 AM)john phippen Wrote: Shawn,great job. What did you do to make the steering wheel look so nice? or is it a different one?

John, thanks for the kind words. I have the original covico wheel from the kart, that i intend to restore and put back on. The one currently on it is a covico from Rex marine. It was cheaper to replace than restore,but i want to keep it as original as possible, so eventually it will get done.

Rex wheels are vert nice and comfortable.
Shawn, have you checked with Joel Christians in Wisconsin about restoring the Covico? I don't know if he's still doing them, but he did some for Ron Cubel when Ron was restoring the Xterminators. Keep the old one for show, but the new one would be far better for driving. Ted
(03-03-2018, 08:45 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Shawn, have you checked with Joel Christians in Wisconsin about restoring the Covico? I don't know if he's still doing them, but he did some for Ron Cubel when Ron was restoring the Xterminators. Keep the old one for show, but the new one would be far better for driving. Ted

Ted, That is my plan. I haven't talked to him about it yet,  but I believe he is still doing them. He recently fixed my buddy Chuck Myers fox kart, and I have seen steering wheels he has done. He does great work. thanks
Joel's done a number of projects for Ron, myself and my pal, Charlie Craibe. Joel's a great guy, as is his dad. Don't know if you've seen his replica of Parnelli's Trans Am Mustang, but it's a work of art. Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice project. Not many of these karts around it seems. Thanks for adding it!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA