Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Spark Plugs
One of the things I collect.
Anybody recognize these?
We always ran HO-3 plugs in all our kart engines, gas or fuel, never fouled even with leaded gas.
First platinum tipped plug I believe.  Wish they still made them.
Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

no comment
Guy, we sold hundreds of all these! I still have a couple AE901's. We tried the Champion platinum tip plugs back in the late fifties/early sixties, including the H0-3's and H0-8A's. TJ
(02-25-2018, 03:41 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Guy, we sold hundreds of all these! I still have a couple AE901's. We tried the Champion platinum tip plugs back in the late fifties/early sixties, including the H0-3's and H0-8A's. TJ https://www.ebay.com/itm/263511484518

ted your still sharp as ever my dad must have bought one of them hundred off you?  we had a nice big box when i was a kid . that number still in my head after 40 years . i found some last week same number for motorcraft and autolite but not all the boxes had racing on it.
I always used Autolite AE 603 racing plugs. A buddy of mine told me they foul resistant because of the recessed electrode. Sounded good to me. Always had good luck with them. Wish I could still get them as now I'm learning about plugs all over again.
If you want a recessed electrode I would imagine going a step or 2 colder on the plug would bring the electrode down. I did that when I ran nitrous , I would change the plugs to 2 steps colder per instructions. Also a colder plug(recessed actually fouls easier) .