Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Sahajian Memorial Karting Play Day
THE FIRST CHRIS SAHAJIAN MEMORIAL KARTING PLAY DAY Looking to see if there's any interest in an event @ Thompson Speedway in Thomson CT. This will be a spring ice breaker the dates I've been offered are April 12th & 13th. these dates are on a Thursday and Friday. This is to be a make up date for the event that got canceled last October and will give us the opportunity to use the whole track again to ourselves and run many different configuration's including the full course. That means enduro karts, sprint karts and a separate class for 4 cycle karts. They are also looking to another date sometime in the fall TBD...Please let me know your thoughts, ideas etc. Thank You
WE CAN JUST DO FRIDAY ALSO.
THE COST FOR THE DAY WILL BE $60.00
(02-25-2018, 06:12 PM)Ted Tine Wrote: THE FIRST CHRIS SAHAJIAN MEMORIAL KARTING PLAY DAY Looking to see if there's any interest in an event @ Thompson Speedway in Thomson CT. This will be a spring ice breaker the dates I've been offered are April 12th & 13th. these dates are on a Thursday and Friday. This is to be a make up date for the event that got canceled last October and will give us the opportunity to use the whole track again to ourselves and run many different configuration's including the full course. That means enduro karts, sprint karts and a separate class for 4 cycle karts. They are also looking to another date sometime in the fall TBD...Please let me know your thoughts, ideas etc. Thank You
I might be interested depending on my schedule. I was really bummed when it got cancelled last fall.
(02-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Bill Peck Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 06:12 PM)Ted Tine Wrote: THE FIRST CHRIS SAHAJIAN MEMORIAL KARTING PLAY DAY Looking to see if there's any interest in an event @ Thompson Speedway in Thomson CT. This will be a spring ice breaker the dates I've been offered are April 12th & 13th. these dates are on a Thursday and Friday. This is to be a make up date for the event that got canceled last October and will give us the opportunity to use the whole track again to ourselves and run many different configuration's including the full course. That means enduro karts, sprint karts and a separate class for 4 cycle karts. They are also looking to another date sometime in the fall TBD...Please let me know your thoughts, ideas etc. Thank You
I might be interested depending on my schedule. I was really bummed when it got cancelled last fall.
Bill, sorry for that but my mom passed away and my truck trailer and race car got stolen all with in 10 days. my apologies.Also there was a communication break down...my fault!
I am definitely in....I'll be there and may bring someone with me.
either date i'll attend if i'm in town.
Dave L.
(02-26-2018, 07:13 PM)Ted Tine Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Bill Peck Wrote:
Bill, sorry for that but my mom passed away and my truck trailer and race car got stolen all with in 10 days. my apologies.Also there was a communication break down...my fault!
No apology necessary, Ted. Thanks for all your efforts. I'll be there if I can.
I went last year as a spectator since I did not have a kart at the time and had a great time just watching. I have a kart now so it should be even better. I would attend at least Friday.

Michael
i've still got the banners and i'd bet micheal chris's widow will make every effort to attend if we decide to go with a spring date.
but skipping work for two days can be an issue with many people for a local event.

i am thinking possibly doing friday alone might actually be a good idea.
two day events can be expensive or problematic workwise on a week day.
any thoughts Ted? Cool
Dave L.
(03-01-2018, 08:09 AM)David Luciani Wrote: i've still got the banners and i'd bet micheal chris's widow will make every effort to attend if we decide to go with a spring date.
but skipping work for two days can be an issue with many people for a local event.

i am thinking possibly doing friday alone might actually be a good idea.
two day events can be expensive or problematic workwise on a week day.
any thoughts Ted? Cool
I think if enough people want 2 days we can do it. If everyone would like just friday we can do that too. Just need input from all the kart guys and thanks for the support Chris would just love it!
Sam and I can do either 1 or 2 days.