Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KALLING ALL VINTAGE KARTERS........
C'mon you guys.

I love reading about projects and collections.

This stuff is located on the "Member Projects and Collections" page here on the Forum.

The "problem" is, only a couple of us have posted anything.  I am really bored having to re-read my own stuff.  (yes, it is a personal problem)

I propose a new rule that every member of the forum must post at least one project here, complete with photos and some history.

Chop, Chop!

PS:  Vintage Kart Build Off guys already comply with new rule.......

PPS:  Shaw alone could fill up the "member Projects and Collections" page.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Jim....I know how you feel, seems like interest has fallen off on new folks getting involved in vintage motorsports,
I base this on the number of vintage karts sitting listed with no buyers .

Only the most hardcore of us are still interested in building and running the old early kart two strokes, people interested in buying my karts want me to sell them a complete running kart, but when I mention how much it costs to add a Mac or West Bend, etc.    well I get a blank look......if I say well you could just put a clone four stroke on for $XXX, then interest returns .

Sad news, but that's how it goes...... Sad I may have to buy...err' rescue a few more karts to get parts so I can sell off several of my projects......or maybe I'm like Steve Miller they just seem to follow me home  Big Grin  .

Funny but one of my buddies wanted to buy my tig welder, because I told him I was getting rid of a lot of shop items, but how can I finish up my Alpha Mark Ten without a welder ?  My buddy said well......what about all those other welders I saw.....Ooops, parting is hard to do !

At this rate I may never get moved , I did invest in a diesel cargo van to haul stuff across country.....maybe I just need a bigger trailer ?

...FACEBOOK ..!!
the old site got killed.. then vintage karting pages on FB started taking off ..and took over ..!!
I always have at least one project going on that may be of interest. Some happen fast, most are sporadic on the progress. A few have followed me home also ! Guess learning how to post photos and videos would be a good idea.
Steve M is right. Facebook has put a huge dent in this. However the sad part is nothing gets saved. Like all those scanned kart magazines belong somewhere like here, not lost on facebook.
yes sir .,for me its bad cuz I dunno how to face book it very good .. its tough if you aint right there when its posted its matter of minutes and its buried ..only luck to see it again is if your friends with someone and they reply ..
and the answers are all over the place ..
first responder useually correct ..
2nd 3rd and 4th are pretty close
5 threw 20 are way off
then subject changes to who had the nicest car in high school
that changes into how many kids you have what sports there on what your daily driver is and what color your paintin bedrooms
then get late comer answers correct after its been answered correctly 54 times ..
then goes off track again
then never here or see orig. postie again ...lol..
next ...!!!!
i agree facebook has swiped alot of our thunder here on the forum sites.
this started years ago , i'd noticed facebook was growing the VKA page faster than the forum and at first didn't understand why.
then i realized people over 30 are clueless about navigating the web.
facebook makes finding people with like interests alot easier.

Steve is absolutely correct about the old site crashing.
it was a bad bad time and many were fed up with unstable forums.
before we got properly set up here everyone migrated to facebook.

if you think about it vintage karting is growing just look at all the events we have and the numbers attending.
but growth in the internet is not places we "forum guys" are used to seeing new members show up.
there are tons of facebook pages involved with vintage karting both selling and asking for info.

i wouldn't mind except the info gets lost in facebook.
no decent way to archive stuff or organize topics.
pretty much zero search function and no search function for a specific page or group.

we are slowly growing in numbers here and at some point we'll get tipped into faster growth.
i think if a few guys other than me were to post a link to the sign up on this site we'd see the newbes start showing up.
of course that's a double edged sword as newbes tend to ask alot of questions about stuff we think is common knowledge!!

Cool
Dave L.
Randy,

Some of us would be happy if you never got moved..........
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Challenge Accepted. I put up a quick story and a couple pics in the "Member Projects and Collections" conversation.

Kurt - looks like you have a good handle on this restoration and look forward to seeing you at some events this year. Thats cool that you visited Robert ( Robron ) Stanton, like to hear about that sometime.
Where are you located?