Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - West Bend 610 thin ring piston
looking for a west bend thin ring piston. Standard size preferred or of close to.
Steve, have you checked with Louie Figone on the off chance he MIGHT have had some of the single 1mm ring Arias pistons made? If not, maybe Jeff Brown? The one I have in the Nikasil 610 came from Jeff. Also try Joel/Stan Wauthier. There are a few of the factory .030 ring pistons out there, but very few .024 pistons. I have ONE +.050 NOS Wiseco .024 ring, but I doubt if you want to overbore. Even the .024 Wiseco in the n1ke 610 is +.010. Good hunting. Ted
thanks Ted.
Steve, the single Wiseco 1mm ring Arias piston doesn't have much compression static, but runs out very well, and has lots of torque. Nice boost port holes, too. TJ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

found a piston. Thanks all
(02-07-2018, 06:17 PM)Ted, Jeff bought those pistons from me. Wrote: Steve, the single Wiseco 1mm ring Arias piston doesn't have much compression static, but runs out very well, and has lots of torque. Nice boost port holes, too. TJ
Louie, I knew Jeff got 'em from you. Thank goodness the one I got was still new! Ted
between louie, ted and steve i'm hoping i can get the information i need. the thick ring is marked AH58 +.060. the package marked wiseco thin ring contained 3 rings which could be mcculloch or they could be thin ring west bend. didn't say what motor they were for. they measure .024" thick. they appear to be NOS. but could be used. the last 2 were not marked at all. they measure .030" thick. they all came from what i like to call "depression era baby". they like to save every used item because some day it might become useful again. and this plays havoc on my brain because my eyesight isn't what it used to be so i have a hard time determining if they are new or used.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chuck, the .024 rings could be any brand for any aftermarket piston. Lots of earlier pistons used the .024, thanks to Mac introducing them on the Mc6 and late Mc10's in '60/'61. The .030 may well be factory West Bend. A lot of factory 610's, even Libberton/Chrysler used .030. If you can check bore, the Mac will be 2.125, 2.165 or 2.280. There were other Mac bores, too in the engines between Mc70 and 101. West Bend 610 and Homelite KL100 were 2.1875. West Bend 820 was 2.531. PP-58 2.094. There are more I have to rack the mind to remember. Tom S. probably remembers. There were thin ring pistons also for Clinton, PP-81/82 and the 580/700 Benders from Wiseco, Palmini, and many more. Almost everybody used .024 rings. TJ
I think the rings I have on this piston are .030 or .031. I believe Jeff told me he had them surface ground for another ring.