Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hornet- SX83
hiya .,   im looking for pictures .,kart test ., karting magazine ads .,  whatever ya all got for sx83 ..
mainly motor mount ..and seat ., 
     thanks and hope everyones doing well ...
(02-04-2018, 10:26 AM)steve miller Wrote: hiya .,   im looking for pictures .,kart test ., karting magazine ads .,  whatever ya all got for sx83 ..
mainly motor mount ..and seat ., 
     thanks and hope everyones doing well ...

Hello Steve,

This photo of a Hornet X  S 85 was in Karter News Jan 1967.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve,
Get ahold of Richard Peck. I'm sure he could help. Not sure how he's doing. But you could try.
Seems the xs-83 had the larger rear axle mounts that the engine bolted to.and the xs-85 had the smaller one's. I have an early xs-85 frame that Richard confirmed for me it has the smaller rear axle mounts as shown in the pictures posted.

Brad
thanks guys ., this helped a lot ..plus I have been chatting with Richard ..
I have to fab up an engine mount get new floor pan ..I should have it ready for Fremont ...
didn't realize there were that many models and changes ...I thought made a sprint and enduro ..that's it ..lol..
(02-06-2018, 10:02 AM)steve miller Wrote: thanks guys .,  this helped a lot ..plus I have been chatting with Richard ..
I have to fab up an engine mount get new floor pan ..I should have it  ready for Fremont ...
didn't realize there were that many models and changes ...I thought made a sprint and enduro ..that's it ..lol..

Steve,,,,

actually after talking to him many times..I think his operation was similar to Jerry Solt and SAEs,,,,many changes when ever he wanted...make it better, faster, lighter,,simpler...

but he sure is interesting to talk to....

gw
(02-06-2018, 10:02 AM)steve miller Wrote: thanks guys .,  this helped a lot ..plus I have been chatting with Richard ..
I have to fab up an engine mount get new floor pan ..I should have it  ready for Fremont ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is a Facebook link to the Karting World that has the xs 83 test from Scott Elkes

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Karting...BuUaIKyaA9
..wow thank you sir ..
..Thanks again Romero ., finally finally seen a picture of the motor mount set up ..
week or so ago I mocked up a cardboard motor mount ..you wouldn't believe how similar it is to orig,. except now its gonna be way easier ..I was thinking about using 3/8ths aluminum plate machined counter sunk bolted together in 3 sections well I seen in picture its 10 gauge carbon plate bent in a U on a press brake ..
wish I new how get pic from phone on here you would laugh if you seen how close I was on a guess and my own visions .. lol..
thanks again now I get new floor pan ., make a seat .,paint it a Lil .. ill be ready for ya at Fremont ...