Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct Sprocket Size
[attachment=2938 Wrote:pid='7448' dateline='1516610795']Steve that's quite a deal, the only difference from my 61 Rupp Roadrunner is it came with Go Powers instead of steel wheels .   Plus I think the early Darts came with the cast steering wheel not that nice Dart steering wheel that's on your Rupp .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Tom for enlightening us on Rupp karts.......I didn't know they even came with Hands wheels at one time !

Miller is in the mood to part with a few treasures so those that desire an old classic should jump on his deals before he changes his mind Cool .
Steve , I think its a Road Runner with steel Dico wheels. I think the Go Powers were like a $ 20 or $ 30 upgrade ! All the K s I have seen had the Cast Aluminum 1/2 steering wheel deal plus the Enduro log style tank .But who knows , I see Tom posted the brochure with the same steering wheel.
..Chris I always thought it was a road runner cuz no tabs on frame for tank the steering wheel and pedals ..?? ..
its a RUPP ..I know that much ..lol..
(01-22-2018, 02:19 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Thanks Tom for enlightening us on Rupp karts.......I didn't know they even came with Hands wheels at one time !

Miller is in the mood to part with a few treasures so those that desire an old classic should jump on his deals before he changes his mind Cool .

The only engines available for the 61 Super K series line of karts were Power Products and McCullochs. Two choices for frame color, red or blue, two choices for upholstery color, white or black. A-bone blue frame only, white or black upholstery. K-jr. series red or blue frame, upholstery black or white optional.
Tom- I'm starting a restoration on what I believe is a '60 Rupp Dart Super K. Currently red with the original white seat (still has Dart Kart logo on it). It has 6" Asuza Tri star alloy wheels on the back with a 38" axle, 4" steel wheels on the front, cast aluminum 3/4 steering wheel and cast aluminum pedals. I'm trying to decide what color to do. Were the frame colors solid or metallic? Is there reference anywhere on the original colors? Also, my rear axle seems wider than others I have seen... thoughts on that? Planning dual West Bend 580's because that looks to be what is in the brochure shots. Just got a nice alloy enduro tank from Chris Marchand.
There's a red Super K with the white seat around here and the paint is or was a solid red (faded). The few Super K's I've seen all had Hands 6" rear wheels as well as Hands sprocket hubs and g0ld Hands sprockets. 

1960 Super K.