Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
osha 10 humor
so as a new condition to work in many states i'm being required to get osha ten certified.
basically it's a ten hour class that shows i now know how to be safe in the workplace i somehow survived in for the last forty years without this vital information.
here is a classic example of one of the pages of important information i may need and may not know!!!

Significantly Aggravating a Pre-existing Illness or Injury
A case is work-related if the worker has a pre-existing condition which is “significantly aggravated” by an event or exposure in the workplace.

Significant aggravation includes:
  • Death
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Days away, days of restricted work, days of job transfer
yep if i'm dead i suppose any condition i had has been Significantly aggravated!!

the worst part is i'm taking this test as i write this post.
that's because i can't go to the next page till the reading function of the page finishes reading out loud to me.
each page which contains vital info like i posted above takes about three minutes before i can click the forward button.
like right now i got a correct answer.
hurray

Is the Case Work Related?
Interaction
Juan was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome several years ago. He was recently promoted to a new position that has moved him from the sales floor to working on a computer eight hours per day. After two weeks in the new position, he has experienced pain and numbness in his wrists and is unable to perform his daily work duties. Is Juan’s case work-related?
Yes, because Juan’s carpal tunnel syndrome was diagnosed when he was working at another company.

x  Yes, because Juan’s carpal tunnel syndrome is a pre-existing condition that was significantly aggravated by his daily work duties.

No, because Juan’s carpal tunnel syndrome was diagnosed when he was working at another company.

No, because Juan did not disclose his carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis before he accepted the new position.

That is correct! Juan’s carpal tunnel syndrome is work-related because it is a pre-existing condition that was significantly aggravated by his daily work duties.

luckily i can surf the web while i wait i guess!!
Cool
Dave L.
i did mine on line 60.00 ..
12 -14 hours of my life ill never get back ..
I kept thinking this makes as much sense as who ever paid nearly 100.00 for a pair of used ..!!! mcculloch brake pads ..
might be just great for who ever but it didn't mean $hit to me ..
spent fifty myself.
i guess it's a work investment as more and more states are requiring the cert.
be at least 14 hours i'm gonna lose/waste doing course .
worse i added a couple of things so i'd be closer to osha 30 that i'll need in future.
but now i'm told the credits osha 10 don't go toward osha 30 so i am calling to switch classes .
i assumed the first ten hours would be usable as part of the osha 30.
but as with all government stuff overlap and redundancy is typical.
at least i get to deduct from taxes i guess.
i hope!!
Cool
Dave L.
hello.......
i am barath from india thanks for give a such wonderful information
just shoot me a full hour for this subject which is only one of four sections on labeling.
Next we will examine the health hazard classifications. Health hazards under the Hazard Communication Standard are defined as:
  • Acute toxicity
  • Skin corrosion or irritation
  • Serious eye damage or eye irritation
  • Respiratory or skin sensitization
  • Germ cell mutagenicity
  • Carcinogenicity
  • Reproductive toxicity
  • Specific target organ toxicity- single exposure
  • Specific target organ toxicity- repeated or prolonged exposure
  • Aspiration hazard
arrrghhh
Sad