Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Identifying a 100 cc ATK reed kart engine
Can anyone definitively identify this kart engine’s model number and production years? I’m looking for the correct piston for it as well as an Illustrated parts list covering it. It’s the 1st one I’ve seen in years on ebay that is the same as mine.
 Any pictures showing the correct piston used in this engine showing any skirt cutaways and or windows would also be appreciated. Certainly some of the piston names could be Werke/Asso/DAP/IAME/PCR/Sirio/Komet/Atlas/Atomik and maybe others. This is a reed induction intake and a bore size of approx 50.15mm.

Thank You.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark, That is a PCR Atomik. Bobby.
bumped up.................................................................
Never did get a piston ass'y for this ATK ATOMIK to fit a 50.15 to 50.18mm bore, I thought I'd try once more.
Just about any of the Italian engine pistons will fit that engine using a 50mm bore. The PCR-100, ATK-100, PC-93. I think even the PRD 100 piston port engines use an interchangeable piston. Some of the later IAME engines have the same piston too. That should include the Sirio, Komet, and Parilla.

The ATK-100 showed up at Daytona in 1989 and dominated the stock classes until it was superseded but the newer model the PC-93 a few years later.
Thank You Terry, that's what I was hoping.

Any one that has an IPL for this style engine and can send it, would be also appreciated.

I'd also like to see a picture of any windows that are designed into the skirt and its location
There is no window in that piston. The windows are only used on earlier model rotary valve engines that were not case fed on the booster port. All of the reed engines are case fed. The original piston is coated and single ring.

Comet Kart Sales probably has those pistons.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5009]

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF8810.JPG (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 36)
Thank You. I'll be looking into it, I'll give Dismore a call.
I dont see anything on eBay thats affordable.

Just looked online at Comet and it doesn't look good, I'll call Monday.
Mark, call Steve Alexander at CKS. He's very sharp. Ted