Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
left side drive west bend 580
west bend 580 three port left side drive ..I honestly dunno exactly where it came from or whats been done or even who did it .I think maybe it came from bunch stuff I got off carl ..??  .but it looks great threw exhaust pistons nice bore looks great has very strong compression..been on my shelf long time  prolly need carb kit maybe ..I didn't hook a tank up too it but it fired 2nd pull on prime ..Gotta be worth 250.00 and seems like 30.00 should send it ..?? ..

(12-12-2017, 02:50 PM)steve miller Wrote: west bend 580 three port left side drive ..I honestly dunno exactly where it came from or whats been done or even who did it .I think maybe it came from bunch stuff I got off carl ..??  .but it looks great threw exhaust pistons nice bore looks great has very strong compression..been on my shelf long time  prolly need carb kit maybe ..I didn't hook a tank up too it but it fired 2nd pull on prime ..Gotta be worth 250.00 and seems like 30.00 should send it ..?? ..

Still have this available?  By left side drive, do you mean output from the rear of the kart?  I have a Dart K series that originally came with 2 West Bend 580's, but I think the clutches should face each other towards the center of the kart. I don't have either side, so doesn't really matter, still interested, but left side engines are hard to find.
You can see from the recoil starter that it is a left wheel engine. TJ
Smitty.If you had a dead axle kart yes this engine would drive the left rear tire. On a live axle kart you could put it on the right with the sprocket inboard and a right drive engine on the left with that sprocket inboard also, that way your clutches would be facing each other. Guess that would be your choise,most guys run the sprockets outside the frame rail. To answer your original question,I believe Steve sold that engine on Ebay a cpl weeks back,but I'm sure he has plenty more.
John
Hi there ., if someone hasn't already... someone will surely peal ur ass for not signing up with real name ..

Ok the motor sold on ebay buyer couldnt pay explained situation no problems I kept it ..

then I  went threw it ..

now its been sold that way ..

but I have more ..ill sell ya matched pair ..just one done just one needs redone or box parts you build your own ..Lol..

this is the red motor after clean up .,new ring . points .,seals .,went threw carb ..painted it ..

(12-31-2017, 03:56 PM)steve miller Wrote: Hi there ., if someone hasn't already... someone will surely peal ur ass for not signing up with real name ..

Ok the motor sold on ebay buyer couldnt pay explained situation no problems I kept it ..

then I  went threw it ..

now its been sold that way ..

but I have more ..ill sell ya matched pair ..just one done just one needs redone or box parts you build your own ..Lol..

this is the red motor after clean up .,new ring . points .,seals .,went threw carb ..painted it ..

Hi Steve-  Didn't catch the "use your real name thing" until it was too late... 

I'm interested in your matched left/right pair, and any chance you have a low mounted Rupp fuel tank? My kart uses the one that spans the frame rails behind the seat.  Send PM with details/ price.  Thanks,

Brian