Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HORNET HIDING AS RUPP KART
THERE IS A MAJOR PROJECT HORNET SPRINT ON EBAY LISTED AS RUPP GO CART (222743965277).  HORNETS AREN'T THAT COMMON SO THE $400 OPENING BID MAY NOT BE COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE.   IT WON'T MAKE A DENT IN THE COST TO COMPLETE THIS BUGGY.

SMOKEY
I sent a pm ..ask if they would consider shipping to me in south western n.y.
looked like main things were great ..frame engine mounts tank and wheels ..looked like precision with no brakes on front ..simpler ..means cheaper resto .. lol..

I wont get it ...someone will offer way more to have it shipped.. and seller wont be able to refuse ..
its off ebay now...someone got it ..the old..''Hey I'll save you the ebay fees if:""""..

man it had all the right stuff....

gw
well the hornets not hiding any longer ...awhile back blaine started this post ..like I stated I contacted the seller ask if they would shop .. got simple reply yes and that I had to take care of everything for the seller is disabled cant help load or help ship or nuttin ..
then I text and explaine kart was not a rupp it was  a hornet made in texas ..I guessed around 1967 ..?? mentioned if he relisted under vintage go kart ., vintage hornet kart he would prolly get some good bids and I mentioned if I had money id pay tiny bit more than his opening bid of 400.00 and come get it ..hell MA. not to bad ..well heres where it all begins...
I didn't get any response for days then one day got a text he pulled the kart from ebay..thanked me for my honesty in explaining what kart was and he could get more but he only needed 450.00 and  I could buy it for 450.00 ..
I text that was all great sept I have no money waiting on my dang unemployment get straightened out ..
he text back no problem its yours come get it any time we will figure out money problems later ...I was like great now I gotta buy this damn thing cuz im sorta committed ..thinking MA is Maryland .not bad ride then .I find out instead its Massachusetts 7 1/2 hours east not 4 1/2 south ..well I sell few things rent a 2017  caravan for 56.23 for 24 hours unlimited miles and headed out ..

holy batman..... some bat crazy stuff right there...

gw
man I,ll tell ya I get myself into some real messes ..
996 mile round trip left at 10;00 am when I finally secured a vehicle ..got to Albany no reception on my phone gps screwed up sent me right to downtown can of worms then 45 miles back to home before I realized it reset and destination was hornell ....then got to boston right at rush hour traffic moving 25 mph on a 4 lane marked 65 ..took another hour .. got to place guy was super super nice ..has piles piles nos vette parts if anyone interested and his buddy has margay kart he said from 60,s lol...if anyone interested ..I didn't have any money so I didn't even look at the stuff ..
karts pretty ruff every single thing is set up rusted tight ..hell even aluminum pipe is corroded holes in it ..but whatca gonna do after ya drive nearly 9 hours one way ..lol..
upside only took 6;45 hours get home with no traffic ..
I don't know if I should apologize  for starting this or congratulate you for your new ride.

Smokey
No comment ..!!!! ..lmao ..
man ill tell ya I thought I was doing a good thing ..I told person it wasn't a rupp he should relist it prolly make out pretty good then somehow the tricky devil got me to buy it ..I even tried talk him into keeping and fixing it ..he was pretty nice guy though and has some real medical issues he needed 450.00 pretty bad for something hope I helped him somehow ..im surprised I don't have more worse health issues . I had carry dang thing all by myself down 3 flights of stares in a huge barn full corvette parts and try not wreck nuttin ... lol....
Well.....there you go.....no one can say "Miller" is not passionate about Vintage Karts........!

We all have these rescue stories to tell......but this tale has to top the list, but that's what this hobby is all about.....there are those like Steve that will make the extra effort to strike a deal......so is it all about the good deal or the love of these old racin' machines ?

How much effort will it take for this old kart to get  back on track........the Miller saga continues......?

Cool