Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch (clutch bearing lube advise)
If you want caster for your engine too go on Amazon. Blendzall Ultra by the gal is cheap and free shipping. Great oil too.
Bob Kurkowski told me to try castor for a drilling lube, due to its tendency to stay put when the metal gets hot. He was right. I use 460 in the engines, clutch bushings and keep a little squirt bottle behind the drill press. Ron Cubel loaned me his PJ1 Black Label chain oil at Tucson. Kept the chain nice, and is easy to remove from the kart after the event. Ted
Motorcycle shops sell various brands of castor oil too, at least the one near me.
However, when possible I buy mine from kart people. (BTW, I wonder if there's anything that you can't buy on Amazon... maybe a haircut, I don't know.)

A couple of years ago someone mentioned on the old forum that their employer used castor oil in fairly large quantities. I think he might have worked for a railroad. Anyway, he was intrigued by the manufacturer's name on the 55-gal drums: Maybelline. I guess as long as chicks wear makeup, there will be castor oil.
Sounds like a slippery proposition, Doug!