Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whadda ya think?
Ted, is that the same 610 from the n1ke kart or a second one?  Totally separate?  And are you going to install that beautiful chrome flywheel cover with the WB 610 logo?
This is the modern 610 block and Arias piston I got from Jeff Brown. The n1ke sits in the shop complete, in case we have teething issues with the new rig. I put an unpolished flywheel screen on the new engine last night. No time to polish it up! With the "weekend" format at Tucson, it's going to be a strange three days. Twenty minutes each hour for vintage, twenty for modern and twenty for SPORTS CARS!! I hope it works well. TJ
(11-09-2017, 08:38 AM)ted johnson Wrote: This is the modern 610 block and Arias piston I got from Jeff Brown. The n1ke sits in the shop complete, in case we have teething issues with the new rig. I put an unpolished flywheel screen on the new engine last night. No time to polish it up! With the "weekend" format at Tucson, it's going to be a strange three days. Twenty minutes each hour for vintage, twenty for modern and twenty for SPORTS CARS!! I hope it works well. TJ

Very nice design and build Ted! Of course as always great attention to detail. I may have to bolt a couple more Macs on the Dart to keep up with you Big Grin .

Dean
Thanks, Dean. I just hope it'll run as well as the old engine on the n1ke. You keep on getting faster and faster! I may have to steal the n1ke engine to keep up with YOU! I will spend some slow time. I am green as grass with the single ring and Nikasil. All new to me. TJ
Oh, I don't know...........

Ha! Nice stuff!
Now, you just gotta be careful your pony tail doesn't get sucked into those carbys.

I also need to cut you a length of my clear tygon fuel line. It looks a lot better than that ugly orange neoprene, and it stays soft almost forever.

Ciao!

Love the engine mount. Would like to see more detail.

Also, what's that on the steering shaft supports? Looks like silver jewelry stolen from Yolanda.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Be safe and above all - HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!    You deserve it!  I hope everything goes well.  I have no doubt the kart will do just fine.

Send the flywheel screen over to Sam Bennett when you get back.
Jimmy, not enough hair to make a pony tail! Motor mount machined bearing tube from 2-1/2" Al tube, side plate water jet from 5/8" Al Pl, triangular gussets tabbed into rectangular slots in side plate. Machining and welding per our good Jack Canady. The orange fuel hose is the soft vinyl from Comet. stays fairly soft in alky.
Sterling, thanks for the kind thoughts. I can actually polish the screen here. I don't know what alloy Waterjet Inc. uses, but it polishes up well. Just needed a couple more hours! TJ
more pix please!!! Big Grin
Dave L.
I was out in PHX on a layover and drove down to Ted's to meet the man face to face, check out his karts, and try to absorb some karting history. I was very impressed with the new kart and his design work. It reminded me (once again) of what a good group of talented folks we have here on this site.
(11-11-2017, 03:26 PM)sam bennett Wrote: I was out in PHX on a layover and drove down to Ted's to meet the man face to face, check out his karts, and try to absorb some karting history.  I was very impressed with the new kart and his design work. It reminded me (once again) of what a good group of talented folks we have here on this site.

how was it running
tk
GEARBOX