Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off shoot to "why" (a discussion about vintage kart events and ideas going forward)
Hi all
I will give you my thoughts. Go to a few events and check the forums. Last year i purchased my first kart 1963 Lancer restored with an 820 and a mac 101 for $1600.00. great kart. Went to Broadhead knowing nothing. Put red x on back of helmet and started in the last row of the rear engine class. had a great time. That 1st first year was was just learning, from the internet, friends at the track and trial and error. Sold Lancer and purchased a Margay Expert at a swap meet.
The expert is a sidewinder and very different than the rear engine kart, I have enjoyed working on my karts and engines, finding parts and learning the history. i have now purchased a Bug wasp, We will see how mush it will cost to repaint and fix up a kart, I think buying one already fixed up is cheaper and quicker to get on track. i would recommend the 820, good motor easy to get parts and can purchase new. if you have not went to a vintage event you need to.
You will not find a more helpful group. They enjoy helping out anyone who needs it. If you want a vintage kart just
ask this forum if anyone has one for sale and you will get many reply's... So for the first year purchase a good restored kart, a good 820, attend events, start in back, ask questions and have fun.