Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dart Kart J kart
Restore Dart Kart "J" kart, no price, offers, Craig's List, Columbus Ohio
You have one for sale? Photos?
Blaine...clearly states Ohio craigslist.....but for the curious .419 512-4940* cash offer for roller, the West Bend in the pic is not for sale .

Link: https://columbus.craigslist.org/for/d/19...89387.html

* text message.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Randy, I guess that was hard for me to interpret that night. I was hoping to see it with the knock offs. Do you think he would take $500? ;-)
Blaine.....$500......not nearly enough cash for all the good stuff on this "Kart" ......but nothing ventured means nothing gained !

For sale 1968 Rupp J kart rolling chassis that has been completely redone. The frame has been inspected and any cracks have been fixed. The common places where the tubes crack in the back have been repaired and strengthened. The frame has been powder coated and the wheels have been blasted and painted g0ld with duplicolor wheel paint. Includes Enginetics hydraulic disc brake setup and Palmini floor mount gas tank. Go kart is fully adjustable and includes a very nice seat custom uppolstered. The engine in the picture is not included only the rolling kart frame. Looking for cash offers only. This is your chance to own a very rare go kart and a piece of karting history. Text any cash offers to 419 512-4940.

Guffey might respond if someone offered $1200/1500......Just saying.....I know nothing as the saying goes ......it's all about how much someone wants to part with their Vintage items and how much someone wants what's being offered.

This split front axle geometry didn't pan out like Rupp thought it would, so these are pretty rare old karts.....not your
best handling machines according to those that know, and I'm no Rupp collector.....well I have one old Road Runner
from early 61 and it's for sale .

(11-08-2017, 07:06 PM)its not guffeyshe is in indy Randy Dacus Wrote: Blaine.....$500......not nearly enough cash for all the good stuff on this "Kart" ......but nothing ventured means nothing gained !

For sale 1968 Rupp J kart rolling chassis that has been completely redone. The frame has been inspected and any cracks have been fixed. The common places where the tubes crack in the back have been repaired and strengthened. The frame has been powder coated and the wheels have been blasted and painted g0ld with duplicolor wheel paint. Includes Enginetics hydraulic disc brake setup and Palmini floor mount gas tank. Go kart is fully adjustable and includes a very nice seat custom uppolstered. The engine in the picture is not included only the rolling kart frame. Looking for cash offers only. This is your chance to own a very rare go kart and a piece of karting history. Text any cash offers to 419 512-4940.

Guffey might respond if someone offered $1200/1500......Just saying.....I know nothing as the saying goes ......it's all about how much someone wants to part with their Vintage items and how much someone wants what's being offered.

This split front axle geometry didn't pan out like Rupp thought it would, so these are pretty rare old karts.....not your
best handling machines according to those that know, and I'm no Rupp collector.....well I have one old Road Runner

(11-08-2017, 07:06 PM)its not guffey\s kart Randy Dacus Wrote: Blaine.....$500......not nearly enough cash for all the good stuff on this "Kart" ......but nothing ventured means nothing gained !

GEARBOX
Ooops.......I stand corrected, the sellers name is John .....

contact name:
John
text:
☎ (419) 512-4940

Like I said I know nothing......about this old Big "J"  or who's selling it......What I do know is......a drag racer friend is coming to  invest in my collection .......he was telling me stories about going to the race in Nassau and talking to Duffy
at the old GP Muffler shop......seems the powers that be , back in the day, when Bug and Go Kart were battling it out
....told those people that owned Bugs they could use the GK track.......but Duffy felt bad about this, so he gave my buddy
a GK frame and he switched all the parts from the Bug to the Go Kart......!

But to keep the story in perspective, my buddy found an old Bug Wasp up in Seattle.....to surprise another friend that loved Bugs......that Friend just passed away, so that original Bug is going back to the North West where it belongs .

I can't reveal the New owner, but many of you know him ........so the Welte Bug is now going to my buddy along with my GK 800's......

We both knew John Kaiser the son of the maker of the Alpha Karts, I just learned that John passed away in an accident
several years.  So maybe my Alpha Mark 10 will go to my buddy too .

Sorry about the tangent to the original Big J  posting.....Ooops .

This is what is so nice about the Vintage karting hobby, more old racers are finding out about it and getting involved after so many years away .

Quentin Haines and I both know the young owner of this Kart. He is a fine young man and purchased the frame as a basket case a few years ago at the REARs TBO and has been restoring it since. It is a dual foreign engine (sidewinder) Model J. He set it up as a rear engine to run at the TBO where sidewinders are not allowed. The mounted vintage parts usually not associated with the kart is just placed so he can run the kart.
(11-08-2017, 08:48 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Ooops.......I stand corrected, the sellers name is John .....

contact name:
John
text:
☎ (419) 512-4940

Like I said I know nothing......about this old Big "J"  or who's selling it......What I do know is......a drag racer friend is coming to  invest in my collection .......he was telling me stories about going to the race in Nassau and talking to Duffy
at the old GP Muffler shop......seems the powers that be , back in the day, when Bug and Go Kart were battling it out
....told those people that owned Bugs they could use the GK track.......but Duffy felt bad about this, so he gave my buddy
a GK frame and he switched all the parts from the Bug to the Go Kart......!

But to keep the story in perspective, my buddy found an old Bug Wasp up in Seattle.....to surprise another friend that loved Bugs......that Friend just passed away, so that original Bug is going back to the North West where it belongs .

I can't reveal the New owner, but many of you know him ........so the Welte Bug is now going to my buddy along with my GK 800's......

We both knew John Kaiser the son of the maker of the Alpha Karts, I just learned that John passed away in an accident
several years.  So maybe my Alpha Mark 10 will go to my buddy too .

Sorry about the tangent to the original Big J  posting.....Ooops .

This is what is so nice about the Vintage karting hobby, more old racers are finding out about it and getting involved after so many years away .

First off,,a Dart J is not known as a Big J kart,,its known as a JUNK kart..LOL..one of the worst handling karts ever made....unique...but thats all you can say for it....

Big Js are Bob Jefferies karts in the later years,,,Early Jefferies were Hancock Lancers, then Lancers , then Rupp Lancers , then Lancer GTs.....and the the Big J (sidewinders)...pretty sure thats the correct order...
Glad to see that in time the truth of what is comes out......interesting history ......