Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unidentified 2 Stroke Kart Engine
This engine was on a late model Sears Lime Limo. Can anyone tell me what make/model it is

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

post pix of other side
Dave L.
With a split flywheel, it looks like it would make a good paperweight.......
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(10-18-2017, 10:27 PM)David Luciani Wrote: post pix of other side

(10-18-2017, 10:30 PM)Jim Waltz Wrote: With a split flywheel, it looks like it would make a good paperweight.......

i know what your saying, but if it's a vintage motor that i can find the parts for. I want to make it a rebuild project for my Grandsons

Aha, though I think you'd be way better off to find an old 580 West Bend instead.

These can be had for about $150, and parts are readily available.

The engine that you have looks like nothing I have ever seen before.

If it is just for the boys to play with, an old Briggs and Stratton 4 cycle might be an excellent idea.

In junior high I took lots of them apart and figured out how they worked and how to make them run.

Old lawn mower engines can be had for $20 or $30 I would guess.

Good luck with the boys.  It's a good project you have in mind.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(10-19-2017, 01:05 PM)Jim Waltz Wrote: Aha, though I think you'd be way better off to find an old 580 West Bend instead.

These can be had for about $150, and parts are readily available.

The engine that you have looks like nothing I have ever seen before.

If it is just for the boys to play with, an old Briggs and Stratton 4 cycle might be an excellent idea.

In junior high I took lots of them apart and figured out how they worked and how to make them run.

Old lawn mower engines can be had for $20 or $30 I would guess.

Good luck with the boys.  It's a good project you have in mind.

The engine was only going to be a project. i am buying a Powerland 6.5hp with electric start being that the model Lime Limo i have came factory with electric start. i had taken the motor to a local kart shop,and the old man that has owned and run the place for years saw the W on the flywheel then claimed he knew it was a Westbend 580. i saw that he was wrong when i got home.

Apparently I don't get out enough. What the heck is a Lime Limo?

I'm thinking maybe it's something like a golf cart Hugh Hefner would hire to follow him around the compound to make sure he always had a fresh lime in his margarita.

(Either that or a motorized fertilizer spreader.)

Definitely not US (all metric hardware, Mikuni carb).
(10-20-2017, 06:45 AM)doug tenney Wrote: Apparently I don't get out enough.  What the heck is a Lime Limo?

I'm thinking maybe it's something like a golf cart Hugh Hefner would hire to follow him around the compound to make sure he always had a fresh lime in his margarita.

(Either that or a motorized fertilizer spreader.)

Definitely not US (all metric hardware, Mikuni carb).

I like the steering wheel!!
Confused looks like a "Multi-Manco" with a special .....Steve Miller  lock-jaw steering  device.....it's era correct where Miller races....!