Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucson vintage play days November 10th,11th and 12th
Hi all,

A reminder that Tucson vintage play days will be here soon! Tucson vintage play days will be located at the Honda Musselman Circuit, 11800 s Harrison Rd, Tucson Az, 85747. Phone 520-245-5278. Entry fee is 30.00 per day, 15.00 pit pass for non drivers. For those who have never been to Musselman track it is a large facility. It has a large track layout which we run a portion of. The track also has 2 large covered starting grids, a large covered eating area, real restrooms with running water, flush toilets, a very smooth track surface and a Musco lighting system. We will have the chance to run under the lights Saturday evening.

We will be sharing the track with modern karts and sports cars to keep the entry fee at the low 30.00 a day rate.
Here is a chance for the vintage guys who run moderns also to bring both to same event!
The vintage, modern and sports cars will be running 20 minute sessions each hour. This should still give all plenty of seat time and display our vintage machines to potential new members. There will not be any demonstrative heats and a complimentary BBQ on Saturday.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Dean
Lookin' forward to being at Tucson! Smooth, fast track, and good food as well. Here are Dean on the blue Dart, and Pruit Ginsberg playing chasies Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-15-2017, 12:13 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Lookin' forward to being at Tucson! Smooth, fast track, and good food as well. Here are Dean on the blue Dart, and Pruit Ginsberg playing chasies Ted

Tucson play days 2 weeks from today!
Holy S***! There's an incredible amount of work to do! Was over at Ron C.'s yesterday. He was working away on Mike Kartman's GK 800 that Sue will run at Tucson. See you and Joe, soon, Dean. Ted
(10-27-2017, 07:54 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Holy S***! There's an incredible amount of work to do! Was over at Ron C.'s yesterday. He was working away on Mike Kartman's GK 800 that Sue will run at Tucson. See you and Joe, soon, Dean. Ted

You guys better start hustling Ted!

D
Ted , will you have your newest project on the track or the n1ke?
Sterling, I'm not certain. I'm trying to get the new rig up and ready. Engine will be buttoned tomorrow. Pruit sent a Rev Grip drum, I need to go to the P.O. tomorrow to see if it's there yet. Still have to mount the tires. So far, so good. Ted
Ted, post a pic or 2 when you can.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
My Sis and bro-in-law will be here for the event, so I hope she'll take a few pix. The new engine is a complete blank page. I have little worries about the kart, it's been thought thru and there's been plenty of time to ensure minimum troubles. Since it's a three-day event. If the thing goes South Friday, I will bring it home Friday night and collect the old reliable n1ke to run for the weekend. This my first Nikasil engine. There's the new Arias piston and new Wiseco 1mm ring. The thing has almost no compression. Dave Bonbright says not to worry about it, it'll be fine. He's the "Engine Master", and I trust his judgement. TJ
(10-29-2017, 09:09 AM)DEAN KANOCZ Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 07:54 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Holy S***! There's an incredible amount of work to do! Was over at Ron C.'s yesterday. He was working away on Mike Kartman's GK 800 that Sue will run at Tucson. See you and Joe, soon, Dean. Ted

You guys better start hustling Ted!

D

Is the Photon a runner yet Ted?