Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HA 150 Issue
I have a new Hurst Airheart 150 hydraulic brake system that is to use the red mineral fluid.  For some reason, the retractable puc on the housing side does not want to retract when I let off the brake pedal.  This is a brand new factory system.  I have not opened it up (yet) and messed with anything so all of the various components should be installed in the correct order.  When holding the housing side in my hand, I can push the brake pedal and watch the puc move out a little each time the brake pedal is pushed.  And I can physically push the puc back in using both hands, although it does take a fair amount of pressure.  Any suggestions on why it does not retract on its own?
Sterling. Not an expert but I believe that while holding it the caliper has no pressure on it so it keeps pushing out a few thousands at a time.  If you mount it on the rotor it will pull back a few thousands when the petal is released.  Just my observation of the airheart brakes.

Bob
(10-14-2017, 09:46 AM)Bob LeFevre Wrote: Sterling. Not an expert but I believe that while holding it the caliper has no pressure on it so it keeps pushing out a few thousands at a time.  If you mount it on the rotor it will pull back a few thousands when the petal is released.  Just my observation of the airheart brakes.

Bob

It does not retract when installed.  At least not enough for me to freely turn the axle.

AeroShell Fluid 41 Mineral Aircraft Hydraulic Fluid - Quart Can
(10-14-2017, 09:53 AM)Sterling Brundick Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:46 AM)Bob LeFevre Wrote: Sterling. Not an expert but I believe that while holding it the caliper has no pressure on it so it keeps pushing out a few thousands at a time.  If you mount it on the rotor it will pull back a few thousands when the petal is released.  Just my observation of the airheart brakes.

Bob

It does not retract when installed.  At least not enough for me to freely turn the axle.

AeroShell Fluid 41 Mineral Aircraft Hydraulic Fluid - Quart Can

Sterling if you rebuilt the caliper makes sure that the washer was installed correctly because one side has a bevel to it. It can bind if upside down. Even when it's installed right the caliper never releases fully and will always drag on the rotor. I was never happy with this on my Karts so I changed over to Enginetics. No more drag..