Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dang Mc Culloch won't start
Hey guys....I have a little problem with my MC101.....the engine is built to a moderate racing degree , but has sat for a year.....I installed a new Tillotson racing carb on the motor and it did run (somewhat) last season shortly before putting it away for the season...Yesterday I spent a couple of hours attempting to start the motor, but  it won't start at all.....fuel is present (raw in and raw out!) and spark is nice and strong, but won't fire!.....The plug is dry also....any areas I need to check?...usually, i have a mechanic do my motors, but I am short of time......Thanks for any help....Frank. Cool
Frank,
Check and make sure that the carb or carb base gasket is not blocking the pulse hole in the manifold. After that check the pop off pressure on the carb.
Tony
Thanks Tony....I'll check the gasket....unfortunately, I have no way of checking the pop-off.....The carb was bought new from EC carbs and it is an HR3A.....If I can't get it running again today, I will probably sell it as a roller in Medford!
Looks like the pulse hole was compromised......Thanks, Tony.....missed you at Medford.....My 101 has a new owner!