Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum posting announcement
hi guys,

new rule
From Now ON
No one CAN PUBLISH RACE RESULTS in Vintage Karting of any kind on this forum.
So please don't post POINTS STANDINGS OR ANYTHING INVOLVED WITH scoring VINTAGE KARTS  IN A RACE SITUATION on this forum. 

if you do those posts will be edited to just reflect the event dates , location and/or allowed content.

if you care here is the reasoning for this rule.

Normally i don't and won't post as an administrator on this site.
i didn't want to act as an administrator just a being member is enough for me to enjoy this hobby.
but we have to have somebody on site keeping things tidy so i got drafted.

Also to be clear i am not in charge of where vintage karting goes or evolves.

As administrator of this forum keeping it within the guidelines of our mission statement is what i'm supposed to do.
 So , this year i've observed vintage karting being steered in a direction that is against our mission statement.
i let the situation resolve itself into clarity hoping the people doing this would see on their own this is a bad direction.
if they had i wouldn't have bothered making this post.
it could've been an experiment that was shelved.
this doesn't seem to be happening. .
instead the promotion of pure racing with these vintage machines seems to be their chosen path.
This of course goes Against our mission statement so sadly we have to regulate the forum a little.

The forum encourages the announcement of all vintage karting events.
BUT the forum does not support vintage kart racing in a purely competitive manner.
Deliberately setting out to competitively race these old machines is pointless and bad for preservation of equipment.

To be clear we aren't trying to stop anyone from doing as they please. 
As a forum we cannot prevent people from racing vintage karts, this is still a free country.
But we do not have to support vintage kart racing promotion in the forum .

in fact the forum refuses to support promoting the idea that vintage karting is about serious racing.
we do agree that a race like situation is hard to avoid with anything with wheels on a track.
but the deliberate promotion of actual racing is against our mission statement.
Demonstrations at speed are what we support and that is what we would like to see in the future of vintage karting.
our mission statement is clear on this matter and i am clarifying it once again.

So it's simple
  • Anyone and everyone is free to announce their events on this forum.
  • you can post rules regulations classes ect ect
  • Anyone that wishes can also post pix of your event, videos of your event you can even publish results from karts shows, and publishing who attended is encouraged.
  • you can promote a vintage kart event featuring racing here but you CANNOT mention ANYTHING about points prizes or series results.
  • dropping flags running grids and keeping track of who wins and loses is fine at the track or on other forums  just please don't announce those results here.
  • to be clear you cannot post or publish vintage kart racing results of any kind in this forum there are plenty of venues available to use for racing results so publishing them here is not needed or wanted..
Cool

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Dave L.