Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB 820 engine
WTB
US motor 820 in running condition gas or alky. Or information where I can buy one. I thought I read somewhere that you can get them already built or build it yourself.

Thanks in advance!
Brad
I have one for sale.
Brad, call Tim at Catkart in CA. 661 253-9000. He's the guy who's connected with US Motor Power. They should have the new 820 kit engine. That way you can build it up however you want to. Supposedly the price is good for a new engine. I think they come with the 10 degree Mac style crankshaft so you can use any McCulloch clutch. Ted
Brad.....new from Tim Hinson at Cat Kart in SoCal also has parts on ebay  and I think Steve Welte said Jeff Brown is working on getting a Vintage WB 820 package together that will have all the for racing items included, not sure if
Jeff will assemble it for an extra charge or you have to do your own blue printing/assembly ?

Here's what it says at their website:

West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kit Power Bee Engine
$725.00

This is a COMPLETE West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kit INCLUDING HIGH PERFORMANCE ROD BOLTS which are essential to protecting your motor from catastrophic damage, should the standard rod bolts break.

You can assemble this kit yourself or if you would like us to do the work for you, we can do it for $175.00.  We are also available for questions if you are doing your own assembly and you run into a difficulty.

HERE IS WHAT THIS West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kits Consists of:
  • Cylinder Block
  • Cylinder Head
  • Piston with Rod
  • Support Plate
  • Carburetor
  • Cylinder Cover
  • Fan Housing Cover with Recoil Guard
  • Analog Ignition
  • Spark Plug
  • Port Plate
  • Port Plate with Intake Manifold
  • 10° Crank shaft
  • Stuffer Plate
  • Reed Plate Assembly w/Reeds and gasket
  • High Performance Rod Bolts
  • Kill Switch
  • Gasket Kit w/Seals
  • 2 Crank Bearings
  • Piston Assembly Rebuild Kit
  • ALL HARDWARE FOR ASSEMBLY OF ENTIRE MOTOR & COMPONENTS
  • Stickers

WE WELCOME YOUR PHONE CALLS WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT: 661-253-9000.  We are a full line Go Kart, Mini Bike & Goped shop with a store front. We have items in stock for purchase at the counter, via this website and by phone. If you have questions and want to know if this is the right part for you, call us at 661-250-9000. We welcome conversation and want to be sure that you get exactly what you need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-08-2017, 07:43 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Brad.....new from Tim Hinson at Cat Kart in SoCal also has parts on ebay  and I think Steve Welte said Jeff Brown is working on getting a Vintage WB 820 package together that will have all the for racing items included, not sure if
Jeff will assemble it for an extra charge or you have to do your own blue printing/assembly ?

Here's what it says at their website:

West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kit Power Bee Engine
$725.00

This is a COMPLETE West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kit INCLUDING HIGH PERFORMANCE ROD BOLTS which are essential to protecting your motor from catastrophic damage, should the standard rod bolts break.

You can assemble this kit yourself or if you would like us to do the work for you, we can do it for $175.00.  We are also available for questions if you are doing your own assembly and you run into a difficulty.

HERE IS WHAT THIS West Bend 820 Kart Motor Kits Consists of:
  • Cylinder Block
  • Cylinder Head
  • Piston with Rod
  • Support Plate
  • Carburetor
  • Cylinder Cover
  • Fan Housing Cover with Recoil Guard
  • Analog Ignition
  • Spark Plug
  • Port Plate
  • Port Plate with Intake Manifold
  • 10° Crank shaft
  • Stuffer Plate
  • Reed Plate Assembly w/Reeds and gasket
  • High Performance Rod Bolts
  • Kill Switch
  • Gasket Kit w/Seals
  • 2 Crank Bearings
  • Piston Assembly Rebuild Kit
  • ALL HARDWARE FOR ASSEMBLY OF ENTIRE MOTOR & COMPONENTS
  • Stickers

WE WELCOME YOUR PHONE CALLS WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT: 661-253-9000.  We are a full line Go Kart, Mini Bike & Goped shop with a store front. We have items in stock for purchase at the counter, via this website and by phone. If you have questions and want to know if this is the right part for you, call us at 661-250-9000. We welcome conversation and want to be sure that you get exactly what you need.

I heard the price was going to be $550  ?
So the kit does not come with a flywheel?
Tony....." So the kit does not come with a flywheel? "

Maybe Cat Kart forgot to put in the listing, it does say all hardware.....looks like there's a flywheel in the bearing package, but hard to tell ?

If anyone has interest, give them a call or Jeff Brown can supply the kit* or post up an answer ?

* Jeff update....not selling a kit, porting and assembly work  only....see Jeff's post below ....

Tom D.  $550 could be the wholesale price for a reseller or just the high performance items needed ......most of us would prefer a complete assembly.....unless some of those new parts are not safe for a racing  kart engine.....?

I'm sure we'll get some answers posted .

Tim has both rotation flywheels and modified : $149.95

West Bend 820 610 Motor Flywheel CW Cup & Pulley  Flywheel for new style 820 & 610 West Bend motors only, clock-wise rotation, custom machined for use with starter cup pulley.

See the website for more info .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Something is wrong here I just got a 820 from Tim.complete built.cost me 1700.00 looks like I should call him on Tuesday.

This is a stock gas motor no porting ,does have muffler and steel side motor mount.
They quoted me the 725.00 for the engine package disassembled.

Whole lot of different numbers out there.
Contact at the factory is:
-Jeff Kniseley
U.S. Manufactured products
262-728-3593
jkniseley@usmotorpower.com

Best bet is to e-mail him your questions on products and costs. I haven't seen any info on their website yet.
The kits I received did not include the high strength rod bolts, they cost $30 EACH.  I was told they are searching for other suppliers to reduce the cost of the bolts.    I'm not selling kits, however I can assemble them and do porting if requested.  Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

The intent of this engine package is to use it with the stock manifold,  HL carb ,box muffler and dry clutch as the VKA guidelines state.   The VKA west bend sidewinder class is a stand alone class and will require time to grow. The factory has agreed to support it but we have to realize that we are a very small customer base.  So bare with them as we work out a process.
Please no negative comments should be posted on the forum.  Its not healthy for our sport.

Thanks,  Jeff   248-613-5839   Michigan