Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay
What happens to forum members when they see the words Dave Luciani & THE STORE used in the same post

[Image: roflmao.gif]
i don't anything about the store , new here but i was on the old list lurking because i had no go kart
project . Dave what was the model that was up for sale ? that someone didn't buy
the motor is either a mc70 or 75 i forgot which. it was part of the buy out thought it was nice then i saw the crank which was roached. got a new crank and chris s took it home to redo.
he's as fast as me sometimes so it's been a while. niether of us seem to ever be in a hurry. anyway if it's not been sold it will be available regardless of the store.
getting the store re opened requires a huge chunk of time pix and listing wise. being 1/2 hourder creates problems too.
d
Dave L.
Dave that sound like something i would be interested in that would be nice on a Blitz
Richard,
(08-19-2017, 07:57 AM)Richard Stamile Wrote: Dave that sound like something i would be interested in that would be nice on a Blitz
Richard,

gave chris a call when he gets back to me i'll let you know.
Cool
Dave L.
(08-16-2017, 11:22 AM)Mark Loraine Wrote: General for all;
Again I assert that this is one of gawdawful engines that widgacar sells on eBay that didn't make it to its destination as Chuck has revealed..
The classic tells are there, the fabbed motor mount, the horstman dxl clutch missing oil drain fill plug/ missing the starter nut....etc The seemingly new paint including the wrinkle black he's done in many past alleged kart/saw conversion engines. He's also had some funky looking fabbed intake manifolds as like the one shown. Only rarely sells 100 cc model with removable head, instead always goes for the one piece cylinder saws 80cc or less and pretties them up and sells for way bigger money than they should. Claims to rebuild with all new parts, but never shows them or the model stamped into the block. Usually sold the 80cc engines with the large BDC carbs with either rock guards or rubber Velocity stacks.
Just the fact he's using the 7/16" instead of the 3/8" length spark plugs in the round heads should tell you he's one to avoid. He buys the non-chrome wide rings like the 55123, from a supplier in Greece some of you have seen on ebay.  and you'll never see an exhaust port photo with the alleged new parts. His followed follie fubars are legendary in my book and was extensively covered on the old site that has limited postings. The concern I've established is so that people not in the know may avoid such sellers and turn more to the forum here to trade with established well regarded engine builders too many to list that could never stoop to the level I've described here.
Thanks for your time.
This post may be edited or updated in the future.
mark i have seen a couple of widgacar's supposedly rebuilt mcculloch racing motors. i told the buyer to send me the clutches that were on them to hopefully get them right for him. this is what i received in the mail today. worn out burco clutch drums with no bushings whatsoever. and the drivers are completely junk. mcculloch saw clutch internals. and a homemade cover made out of a piece of aluminum. i say this all the time that the vintage karting community is small and it doesn't take long that if you try to screw somebody over the word will get out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

where's my post I just did 20 minutes ago Dave in response to what Chuck was saying?????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Glitches ....after you "Post Reply" ....make sure it actually down loads, if you happen to refresh.....ooops !

A lot of typing goes away ......been there done that.....frustrating Sad

I don't think there is a conspiracy to limit free speech.....unless it concerns something about the "Store" Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Help button.jpg (Size: 7.94 KB / Downloads: 60)
then a word to the wise , do not post in these boxes unless you have already done your text work on
a word processing program so you have your work before posting on this forum!!
(thats just total fubar)