Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay
In a past life I ran into the problem of stuff that was not declared as hazardous material being rejected if it had previously had gas / hydrocarbon fuel or oils in it. It did not matter if there were no liquids present. Never happened domestically though.
Hi Chuck
no problem i thinking it was the engine off the Kart that you were commenting on so its a reclaimed item
that motor wouldn't be a bad deal if its not a saw motor and at least 100cc model the clutch along has to be a third
or more of the value i am looking for a Mac engine for my Blitz Kart project i have the fall and winter for my search
i just don't want to make the wrong decision maybe a MC-9 or 91 something along the line of what the Kart came with
Thanks
Richard,
General for all;
Again I assert that this is one of gawdawful engines that widgacar sells on eBay that didn't make it to its destination as Chuck has revealed..
The classic tells are there, the fabbed motor mount, the horstman dxl clutch missing oil drain fill plug/ missing the starter nut....etc The seemingly new paint including the wrinkle black he's done in many past alleged kart/saw conversion engines. He's also had some funky looking fabbed intake manifolds as like the one shown. Only rarely sells 100 cc model with removable head, instead always goes for the one piece cylinder saws 80cc or less and pretties them up and sells for way bigger money than they should. Claims to rebuild with all new parts, but never shows them or the model stamped into the block. Usually sold the 80cc engines with the large BDC carbs with either rock guards or rubber Velocity stacks.
Just the fact he's using the 7/16" instead of the 3/8" length spark plugs in the round heads should tell you he's one to avoid. He buys the non-chrome wide rings like the 55123, from a supplier in Greece some of you have seen on ebay. and you'll never see an exhaust port photo with the alleged new parts. His followed follie fubars are legendary in my book and was extensively covered on the old site that has limited postings. The concern I've established is so that people not in the know may avoid such sellers and turn more to the forum here to trade with established well regarded engine builders too many to list that could never stoop to the level I've described here.
Thanks for your time.
This post may be edited or updated in the future.
WOW
Thanks Mark !!!!! what you just posted it helped instead of learning the hard $$$ way
Richard,
(08-16-2017, 10:32 AM)Richard Stamile Wrote: Hi Chuck
   no problem i thinking it was the engine off the Kart  that you were commenting on so its a reclaimed item
  that motor wouldn't be a bad deal if its not a saw motor and at  least 100cc model  the clutch along has to be a third
 or more of the value i am looking for a Mac engine for my Blitz Kart project  i have the fall and winter  for my search
i just don't want to make the wrong decision   maybe a MC-9 or 91  something  along  the line of what the Kart came with
Thanks
Richard,

richard,
are you looking for a rebuilt motor a rebuildable motor or one that just needs to be gone through by a builder/
any of the above i have in various models and i will presell one to you before the store reopens if that helps your project.
contact me by pm i'm motivated right now to sell a few things as i have something i want to buy.
Cool
Dave L.
THERE'S THAT SPOOF AGAIN ABOUT "THE STORE"
(08-17-2017, 12:44 AM)Blaine Young Wrote: THERE'S THAT SPOOF AGAIN ABOUT "THE STORE"

SPOOF OR POOF.
every time i mention the store life pitches me a curve.
am waiting for newest surprise now!!
Dave L.
(08-16-2017, 07:21 PM)David Luciani Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 10:32 AM)Richard Stamile Wrote: Hi Chuck
   no problem i thinking it was the engine off the Kart  that you were commenting on so its a reclaimed item
  that motor wouldn't be a bad deal if its not a saw motor and at  least 100cc model  the clutch along has to be a third
 or more of the value i am looking for a Mac engine for my Blitz Kart project  i have the fall and winter  for my search
i just don't want to make the wrong decision   maybe a MC-9 or 91  something  along  the line of what the Kart came with
Thanks
Richard,

richard,
are you looking for a rebuilt motor a rebuildable motor or one that just needs to be gone through by a builder/
any of the above i have in various models and i will presell one to you before the store reopens if that helps your project.
contact me by pm i'm motivated right now to sell a few things as i have something i want to buy.
Cool
100 Mac with low hours MC 8 9 or 91s something like that
Richard,
Dave

It's actually a worthy thing that you are willing to part with one of your Macs,  but it's impossible to pass on an opportunity to discuss  "THE STORE".
low hours would be one of my personal motors something i don't do.
i'll assume you want a freshened motor that i can definitely do.
in fact i think chris s. just did one for me i forget the model that someone was supposed to buy. if it didn't sell it'll be your first choiice.
send me a pm we can exchange contACT INFO AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT'S AVAILBLE.
dang caps lock
anyway if the one is gone i'll pick a nice one and do a light rebuild new rings seals gaskets or what ever you need.
send pm
Cool
Dave L.