Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay
any input on a Mcculloch for sale on ebay the seller has no idea of what model it is
offers no information the Horstman clutch is on it, is it mounted with the teeth inboard???
would not you see a nut at the end  of the shaft holding the clutch on ??? looks like it is
not there and the top of the the shroud took a hit that's not a deal brake , the fins look good
could have been rebuilt  any thoughts would help item#   16260627403

Thanks Richard,
corrected # 162606274037,
not with a 10 foot pole!
(08-14-2017, 02:55 PM)Mark Loraine Wrote: corrected # 162606274037,
not with a 10 foot pole!

right you are mark i believe that was the kart that was sold on ebay. shipped to california and returned by the buyer. paypal stepped in on this one. the front frame rails were literally smashed. i believe you can see it in the picture if you look real close.
Thanks guys i had a gut feeling about it that something was not right
Richard,
Chuck, you see that Chilton Tank he is selling with your labels showing in the back ground?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RACING-G...OSwSIBZeg2-
The engines inner shroud is all busted and the clutch and mount all look like what widgacar in Florida peddles.
you can see one of his latest saw conversion here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCCULLOCH-KART-E...1438.l2649
no mark i didn't. i wish i still hadn't. that item was headed to australia thru global shipping. this happened once before with a carburetor. they say it can't be shipped. they throw it in a box and supposedly refund the buyer. which i'm guessing is true since i've had no complaints from the buyers. then they either have someone buy the parts or they do the selling themselves. the other seller was from wisconsin. this one is from california. this is a far cry from kentucky where i have to ship the items for global shipping. i looked at the motor and couldn't see why it wouldn't be shipped. all i can think of is that this is some kind of insurance fraud on a global level. i can't see them refunding the buyer and letting me keep my money only to sell the parts for the same money and shipping them across the country to be resold.
Scheisse!
These replies are very confusing regarding the McCulloch Kart engine , so are you saying the seller is some sort
of ebay sales gone wrong reseller ?

Um'....no real information or details are in the description......so it makes you wonder about the item .

Thirteen watchers.....beware !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

not watching after a reply of not with a 10 ft. pole
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
richard, i must not have had my reading glasses on that morning when i read your post initially. my mind picked up mcculloch kart not mcculloch motor. i knew the kart had recently been relisted on ebay. but the kart was not what you were concerned about. my apologies for posting a comment that had nothing to do with your question about the mcculloch motor. so disregard my comment about the kart. but back to the seller of the motor. he or she resells items that have been purchased as a job lot from ebay. these items were originally purchased and were to be shipped overseas but never delivered by global shipping for reasons that have never been completely explained to me by ebay.  so as far as the new seller's knowledge goes about the items he is selling it comes from the information and price ebay supplies with the item from the original listing posted by the original seller.   again my apologies for my lapse of comprehension. something i'm not looking forward to as i get older.