Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karter Video Interviews and Chats
As many of you have likely seen we have been chatting (well really its Steve doing most of the chit-chat, with me editing all of the video) with many of the vintage karters when we go to the karting events in addition to race coverage that we have been doing.  I think the little chats have been pretty cool and well received for the most part.  There have been a couple gentlemen that did the chat and later told us not to air it with anyone.  We have honored those wishes.  If you have a cool story to tell or just want to discuss something interesting in vintage karting, please seek us out and let us know.  If you want to come call us names and such you can do that as well, but you may not like the outcome of those actions as we always have the cameras near by and likely won't honor wishes of hate not being aired.  And believe me, we have some people that can't stand us for some odd reasons and have drank the hate kool-aid, it is what it is.  I know who my friends are and am fine with that. 

Anyways, here is the playlist to my Youtube Channel of all of the chit-chats so far that we have had at VKA New Castle and VKA Brodhead.  Next up Quincy, see you there. Right now there are 29 videos and I've been trying to keep most of them under 5 minutes apiece.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...WHKzqnb6Jx
I gotta say: keep up with it, Shawn and Steve. Of course, those that know me know I'm a yapper, and I like to know what the other guys are doing. Ted
(08-12-2017, 09:39 AM)ted johnson Wrote: I gotta say: keep up with it, Shawn and Steve. Of course, those that know me know I'm a yapper, and I like to know what the other guys are doing. Ted

We definitely will.  We will see how some things go at Quincy, we're going to probably run 4 classes between the two of us there, so not sure how much time we will have.

RIGP after that, and I'm making plans to race a modern kart in addition to the dual rear.  VKA Delmar after that should be a whole lot of fun.
Shawn.....thank you, Steve and Sandy for all the special video, interviews, racing perspectives that your family has
gifted us with .

The history of karting, the people involved is very important, we just lost some very special folks, it would be nice if we
had video along with the old pictures to remember our friends with......what you are doing and have done is very much appreciated !

I had just talked to my friend Brian Sheridan, he told me about going to the Sugar River Event......I checked out your You-Tube channel and sure enough I got to see a bit of the action and Steve chatting with Brian.......very special !
(08-15-2017, 12:37 AM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Shawn.....thank you, Steve and Sandy for all the special video, interviews, racing perspectives that your family has
gifted us with .

The history of karting, the people involved is very important, we just lost some very special folks, it would be nice if we
had video along with the old pictures to remember our friends with......what you are doing and have done is very much appreciated !

I had just talked to my friend Brian Sheridan, he told me about going to the Sugar River Event......I checked out your You-Tube channel and sure enough I got to see a bit of the action and Steve chatting with Brian.......very special !

Thanks Randy.  Dad and I have been talking about doing this kind of thing for a few years and Bill McCormak was pushing us to do that and some more behind the scenes stuff and in the pits as well.  We've enjoyed sitting and listening to the old stories and some of the guys are great story-tellers especially when they get together.  I've often said that I need to get a recorder for some of that.  As you said, we lost quite a few here recently, and their stories likely went with them. 

I think our video with Brian was a real good one, as was the ones with Jim Ryder, Terry Walters on the IKF 1966 Grand National win, and Terry Ives.  The one with Vico and his dad is very good as well and has been quite popular with the number of views probably to see someone that young getting into vintage karting and understanding what its about.  Hopefully we will see Dick Teal at some point here even if its not at the track to chat about old times with him as well.
Adding the chats that we had with vintage karters at Quincy.

Paul Booth's secret to staying young: https://youtu.be/06t96OvfIfY