Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THOMPSON SPEEDWAY oct 8 2017 full track play day
------------

Hey Dave, I didn't think that you were saying people wouldn't attend Cudde because of Racing.

I needed to address, and put to rest, the thought that the Cuddeback event continued until Sunday. I also wanted to say that since there is no conflict on Sunday, there just might be some who could swing by Thompson on the way home. I have already mentioned this idea and (hey, what the hell is a couple of hundred miles when it comes to supporting Vintage Karting in the N.E. area)

Other then that, once I was taking care of clarifying the idea of the schedule conflict I took the opportunity to remind everyone that the "Tier II" experience is offered at Cuddeback for anyone that would opt for it. Even though this option has been listed in the flyers, I don't think many are aware of it. 

Hope to see everyone at Avon!
-Al
Al, first thank you for the support. Second, you and all you south side boys should just come and hang out, unless you and Rick can muster those old bones to get in the drivers seat for a couple of hot laps. LOL
Really point being who knows when we will have the WHOLE TRACK just for VINTAGE KARTS.... you OLD guys should come and just drive the full course @ your age it could take a couple of hours to get around the track, and remember the front straight is 3000 feet long so you could take a nap b4 turn 1. ??? Idea Rolleyes

Thanks for the post Scott !
Save
i've been talking with Ted about food at Thompson today and it reminded me that i needed to move the post back up.
  here ya go.

info as i have it but we'll need T.T. to confirm.
Right now the plan is Enduros will get the full track to run at least a few laps.
the inner track transition isn't supposed to be an issue if we run it all.

Second ALL the karts attending are invited to run the long track.
a suggestion would be to add a second tank on sprints , or put some string in your pocket to tow your kart when you run outta fuel!!
the straight is nearly 3,000 feet long so gear for it would be my take.

Ted says we will have a tow buggy if you break down or are stranded.
warning should you break down, it's a big track , so expect to enjoy the sun for a while till we find you!!!

on food
There will be food for after the event.
we are doing hot dogs , hamburgers ,chips like always.
AAAAnd
Ted is gonna bring some custom made italian sausage he makes (excellent recipe!!) and we'll have peppers and onions to go with them.

Ted is considering a modest fee for the dinner ticket more on that as things develop.
it'll be about what a hamburger and fries costs at fast food joint but with a touch better food!! Big Grin
Dave L.