Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB West Bend 610 Engine
Looking for a complete West Bend 610 engine. Needs to be WB not Chrysler on US Motor. It can be running or not running. I can rebuild engine if needed. Needs to have original paint and should be in half way decent shape. It does not have to be to pretty because its going on original paint kart that is over 50 years old. If you have one of these please send me a PM.
Thanks
Alex,

if you are open to modifying your search you'll have better luck.
the 610's are fairly rare.
wb580's are far easier to find , about the same in stock form and era correct.
Dave L.
Alex, you may have better luck finding a chainsaw on eBay or one of the vintage saw sites. Look on Mike Acres website for manufacturers who used the 610 engine. If you find a real W.B. 610 on a saw, you might have to swap out the crankshaft in the event that the PTO end of the saw crank isn't the same as a kart crank. Any 610 or 820 kart crank of the same rotation will work in the 610. Here's Mike Acres' site: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/Ga...r?OpenView  Ted
(07-11-2017, 11:05 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Alex, you may have better luck finding a chainsaw on eBay or one of the vintage saw sites. Look on Mike Acres website for manufacturers who used the 610 engine. If you find a real W.B. 610 on a saw, you might have to swap out the crankshaft in the event that the PTO end of the saw crank isn't the same as a kart crank. Any 610 or 820 kart crank of the same rotation will work in the 610. Here's Mike Acres' site: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/Ga...r?OpenView  Ted
Alex  I have a stock 610 still has the g0ld paint and stock header that came on it. will send you a pm . Jim

(07-11-2017, 11:32 AM)jim fair Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 11:05 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Alex, you may have better luck finding a chainsaw on eBay or one of the vintage saw sites. Look on Mike Acres website for manufacturers who used the 610 engine. If you find a real W.B. 610 on a saw, you might have to swap out the crankshaft in the event that the PTO end of the saw crank isn't the same as a kart crank. Any 610 or 820 kart crank of the same rotation will work in the 610. Here's Mike Acres' site: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/Ga...r?OpenView  Ted
Alex  I have a stock 610 still has the paint and stock header that came on it. will send you a pm . Jim
I had a LAMB saw that had the old 610 West bend.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I may have a lead on an engine ??. But time will tell. My ride came with a WB 610 back in ''64 so that's what it has to be. Till the 610 shows up there is a lot to do on various projects. Mea

(07-11-2017, 07:05 PM)Alex Mahalovich Wrote: Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I may have a lead on an engine ??. But time will tell. My ride  came with a WB 610 back in ''64 so that's what it has to be. Till the 610 shows up there is a lot to do on various projects. Mean while if you know of a 610 somewhere let me know.
or you could cheat like everyone else,,use an 820 with a 610 sticker...lol

of course,,I'm joking.....wink....

gw
Good evening all,

I don't know much at all about West Bends; it seems like the 610 might be a rare bird though. Might anyone know and maybe post what the bore and stroke specs are for it please?? Thanks in advance for any information....
The bore is 2.1875, the stroke is the same as the 820 at 1.625. The crank, rod, side cover, flywheel, ignition, manifold and shrouds are all the same as the 820. Ted
Ted, thanks as always!