Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a Go Power style manifold - found one thanks to Mr. Jeff Brown!
Got anything like these that you can part with?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I may have a Gem version I could part ways with, let me check tonight.
You need to remember that the square-hole manifolds weren't made for the Go Power reed. If the petals should open against the square opening, they will twist and fatigue. Manifolds for the Go Power six-petal reed have either tapered round holes or hexagonal-ish holes. Square hole manifolds are for the four-petal Homelite type or GEM reed. TJ
I did not realize that, I will check again what I have.
Yes, Brian, some guys found this out the hard way back in days of yore. Everyone had bought Reed Eng. Homelite manifolds, and when the Go Power cage came out, they tried to switch the four-petal out for the new style reed. They soon found out that the steel Go Power petals wouldn't take the stress. A number of them broke, and a few pistons were ruined. The vast majority of our locals opted for the Van Tech manifold, with a few of them going for the even better Hovey manifold. That minority were smarter than I was. I stuck with the Van Tech, but Pop used the Hovey. If I were building a third port Mac today, I'd use the Hovey. I have a really clean one in the shop if I ever get around to finishing my Mc5. Ted
Looks like the only ones I have available are the GEM squared hole manifolds.
(07-06-2017, 10:53 PM)Brian Santee Wrote: Looks like the only ones I have available are the GEM squared hole manifolds.

Brian,

Post a picture.  It wouldn't be the first time I have modified a 4 petal manifold to take a 6 petal assy
This is the one I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian, that looks like the GEM manifold for the West Bend Vee reed. Am I wrong? Ted
I just checked. It is. I had thought it was different than it was. I didn't really pay that much attention to it.