Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New 1966 Rupp (Dart) Kart Line Up
The New 1966 Rupp / Dart Kart Line Up. (Source: Karter News, 1966-March)

It appears Rupp Manufacturing is starting to move away from the Dart Kart brand.

The INTRODUCTION the new Rupp Chaparral.

Chaparral Sprint        Chaparral Enduro     

The Rupp Grand Prix. Scott Kneisel, Chris Marchand and I had a specific discussions about the 1966 Grand Prix. We all have a recollection (and Scott K. I recalled even mentioned he owns a 1966 two-piece GP) in the Autumn 1965 rollout of the 1966 Dart Kart line as having the Grand Prix being a two-piece frame. The reason I remembered was, reading a "Karting World' ad thinking it was really odd.  The Chaparral Sprint and the Grand Prix were both two-piece frames and it was silly (not knowing the rear attachment was different) selling a kart having minor cosmetic changes with the top of the seat shape, narrow steering hoop and Nassau panel style and charging more for it.

Our conclusion, right or wrong, the 1966 Grand Prix model year started as a two-piece frame with Rupp still having 1965 GP frames in their manufacturing inventory and continued producing until they ran out. Once out of the two-piece the company/marketing forces produced/promoted the single-piece Grand Prix chassis not to conflict with the top-of-the-line Chaparral. 
Grand Prix       

Ahh! The classic perennial 'A-Bone'       

The Dart 300 (AKA D-300)       

Rupp branching out...
Monza Jr.        Concession    

Well? What can I say? Actually, I first saw this kart in a post in the Vintage Kart forums or Facebook sites and thought this was mistakenly identified, however, the source or responses, made it creditable. The prominent Rupp / Dart logo is not present in this ad. The company appears not wanting to strongly associate their racing heritage with the kart and there are valid marketing reasons not to include the brand's name. 

(07-03-2017, 07:30 AM)Scott Elkes Wrote: The New 1966 Rupp / Dart Kart Line Up. (Source: Karter News, 1966-March)

It appears Rupp Manufacturing is starting to move away from the Dart Kart brand.

The INTRODUCTION the new Rupp Chaparral.

Chaparral Sprint    Chaparral Enduro 

The Rupp Grand Prix. Scott Kneisel, Chris Marchand and I had a specific discussions about the 1966 Grand Prix. We all have a recollection (and Scott K. I recalled even mentioned he owns a 1966 two-piece GP) in the Autumn 1965 rollout of the 1966 Dart Kart line as having the Grand Prix being a two-piece frame. The reason I remembered was, reading a "Karting World' ad thinking it was really odd.  The Chaparral Sprint and the Grand Prix were both two-piece frames and it was silly (not knowing the rear attachment was different) selling a kart having minor cosmetic changes with the top of the seat shape, narrow steering hoop and Nassau panel style and charging more for it.

Our conclusion, right or wrong, the 1966 Grand Prix model year started as a two-piece frame with Rupp still having 1965 GP frames in their manufacturing inventory and continued producing until they ran out. Once out of the two-piece the company/marketing forces produced/promoted the single-piece Grand Prix chassis not to conflict with the top-of-the-line Chaparral. 
Grand Prix   

Ahh! The classic perennial 'A-Bone'   

The Dart 300 (AKA D-300)   

Rupp branching out...
Monza Jr.    Concession

Well? What can I say? Actually, I first saw this kart in a post in the Vintage Kart forums or Facebook sites and thought this was mistakenly identified, however, the source or responses, made it creditable. The prominent Rupp / Dart logo is not present in this ad. The company appears not wanting to strongly associate their racing heritage with the kart and there are valid marketing reasons not to include the brand's name. 
First you need to choose a recipe!