Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avon gearing
I'm looking at the track map of Avon and it looks like the top speed is going to be a little faster than Sandy Hook. I was running a 6.2 gear (Margay box) at Sandy Hook and it was just about right. Problem is the next shorter gear I have is 5.0, which I'm sure would be way too much. It would be nice to have something around 5.8 just in case. Anybody want to work a swap?

What gearing are some of you guys running at those two tracks?
You will be just fine with the Sandy Hook gearing unless you want more power coming out of the corners
I run your ratio at both tracks and it works out very well
Get there Thursday for the test and tune day to try it out
Scott and I are looking forward to seeing everyone so have a safe trip down
Sam
I think ur going way the wrong way..start 7.00 end up mid 7,s
I run 7.5:1 -8.0:1 with my sportsman engines but I weigh 182, I agree with Steve. We have a real tight hairpin so you need some gear coming out of that or you will be left in the dust.
Thanks guys. I have plenty of gears going the other way. I'm just looking at that long straight and worrying about over reving. Guess I'm getting timid in my old age!
Bill,
if i remember i'll bring my spare margay gear sets.
you're welcome to borrow out of the box for the weekend.

yer bud
Cool
Dave L.
dave ., you better get something running im in process putting another mc6 on a kart ..not sure witch one maybe another one of my homemade jobs ..
but ill have 2 karts with mc6,s

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

looked back..I run 9-64 - 9/66 at Avon,,(215 pounds),gotta have it coming out of hairpin,,,,,breath the motors on top end,,there are no National Titles involved....

looking forward to Avon.....great track run by great people...

gw
9/70 or 9/72 with a Mc @165 pound driver. If you want to go easy on your motor 9/68.
My single rear is 7.5-1 at Avon. Mac91 300 lb total weight

If I knew how to change the user name to Al Peckenpaugh I would