Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplex Throttle linkage
Does anyone have a picture or 2 of the throttle set up on a Simplex MKII. Not the pedal but the pivot point back by the rear axle that the rod hooks to and then onto the engine. Thanks in advance. John
    John, here is a picture of mine. Originally the wound wire cover of the throttle cable was secured to the frame by a metal cable clamp. I changed that with this arrangement to give me a better cable movement.

John, here is a picture of mine. Not as original.

Click on diagram for clearer picture

John, here is a picture of mine. Originally the wound wire cover of the throttle cable was secured to the frame by a metal cable clamp. I changed that with this arrangement to give me a better cable movement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks you sir,exactly what I was looking for.
Good information. I have being trying to i.d. my second kart for a number of years. I'm pretty sure it was a Simplex, after thinking for decades I had a Missile Kart. I learned from the forum, Missile karts were squared-tube frame, my kart was not.

My kart's front section, rear seat back forward, matches well to the MKII. The rear section, rear seat back reward, matched up well to the MKIV. The kart had perforated scrub brake. Best estimate on the model year would be 1959.

The throttle linkage photo/schematic shown for the MKII, definitely confirms my kart was not a MKII.