Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fantic broncco kart
hi there , in new on here and from the uk 
i need the tyers ( nos if poss ) for a fantic broncco fun kart or any other parts you guys / girls might have 
thanks
derek
Derek,

Glad to have you, but do us a favor and start over and register with your actual name.

You can also edit your profile title to give us a city location, so we kind of know where you are.

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Big Grin 
Race ready Fantic....for sale in Southern California .

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/snw/6143875550.html

Owner is moving so will part with it .  Probably cost more to ship it to you then what the asking price is, but you never know ?

I would look for one in Italy.....but you know how those folks price things Dodgy  !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Interesting looking machine. Anyone know much about them?
I think it is a doggone good idea to be careful when running fun karts with a lot of power and at speed on asphalt. They're generally not made of the best steel. I've seen a couple of them reduced to a wad of tubing after what I considered minor accidents. I'd hate for anyone to waste a bunch of time and money, only to lose the kart and maybe be injured when running a kart made of poor materials. Ted
Tj,Sterling,
You're in luck as the timing is perfect as this week I had one of Oreville's regular drivers stop in and ask I would put together a vintage kart for him. Now he's a very talented/successful driver in his current division and can "feel" what a kart is doing or needs so we both agreed we liked the design of the Fantic chassis so we decided to build one of them for competition for him.
Now although we will be keeping the basic chassis the following things will be changed,
Front spindle bolts will be lengthened to accommodate Azusa wheels
Steering shaft will be replaced with an Azusa kit w/splined hub
Solid motor plate will be removed for an Azusa swing mount type
Both pedals will be replaced with the "wire" type
Rear axle bearing hangers will be replaced with conventional 2 bolt flangette 1" axle type (Fantic used a larger hole spacing on their flangettes)
Solid metal floor pan will be replaced with an aluminium floating style
And of course the brakes will be updated to hydraulic disc type.

I really like the design of the front axle as the cross bar for the steering shaft actually floats as it is not welded to the main frame rails.
Should be interesting to see what this chassis works like and I'll keep ya posted!
Also,the chassis is mild steel but that's not necessarily a bad thing

Carl
I see you started without me, it looks like you are more exited about this project than me.
Cant wait to get my hand on this REAR.
Also wanted to thank you for sharing your knowledge and for the kart.
I will try to keep a progress report, and share it in this post
Congratuations Rodrigo, can't wait to see it. What engine are you planning to use.
Paul
?????
West Bend???
Fabrication complete
Thank you Carl for all your help

Paint