Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Model?
I'm in my mid 30's and very tech savvy, but this forum is testing my patience. I'm​ trying to log in as my new username so we can keep this thread going and it won't let me. I've tried on several computers. Can the admins just change my username? I can't even edit my profile to add my location and it won't let me.
Send me an email and we can get you sorted out. Kartracerk80@gmail.com.

Or if you get into the second account you created I will just leave it be for the previous posts.

As for the pictures you first click the choose file button and select the picture, then once it is done uploading click add attachment. For additional pictures just repeat the process on the same post.

Brian Santee
Ok, We get the username stuff sorted out. I'll post some pics shortly.

Hopefully this works.

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/stevel.../Go%20Kart

So the seat mounts, throttle and brake linkange mounts are all welded on by someone after the fact. The front axle though looks "professional"?
It appears to me to be one of the Margay Cheetah models. Dave can probably get a better idea than I can. But overall it was a manufacturered kart. Although it definitely has some modifications.
its a margay "sidewinder"
GEARBOX
You guys got any similar pics of either?
https://www.google.com/search?q=margay+c...6068719013

Ted
I still see several differences
If that was a Cheetah kart, then someone shot it and tried to dress it up as a moose... Lots of add-ons and modifications. The front porch area has the resemblance of a Cheetah MK II, but that's where it stops.

First the steering uprights are like none that Margay used at that time. Most, if not all, were one piece and a formed/rounded shape at the top and we're curved in at the bottom near the frame rails. The pictured kart has what appears to be a very angular, two piece, "V" shaped upright with a heim joint at the top. Indeed, the original throttle link support has been cutoff and replaced entirely with a different type and also set further back along the frame rail. The front steering linkage is just plain wrong and the lower steering support is not right either for a Margay of that era. The support gussets for the front axle and seating uprights are missing. Margay had open bearing hangers for the rear axle, whereas, the one pictured does not. The one in the photo also appears to have a mechanical brake system, although the photo angle cannot really help confirm that or not. Margay had hydraulic brakes at that time. Lastly, the nerf bars have been added on and are not original to the manufacturer design. My opinion is that it might be more work to restore that it's worth; keep the seat & seat cover, the pedals and the wheels and look for a better frame to build off of.
So what I'm reading is I found an extremely rare prototype Margay right? What are the wheels and pedals worth?