Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Model?
(05-28-2017, 09:47 PM)David Luciani Wrote: and when exactly will we be getting back to what is it???
i personally approve the new members. sometimes i remember to send an advisory email sometimes i don't. i always check email addy's on handled "names" to weed out spammers. i hate spammers.
anywho my guess on the kart is it is old needs some work but we need PICTURES before we i.d. it.
aaaaand considering the size gates we put i the forum that pix set is huge.
shrink it a little and post!!
Cool

David, what is the size limit for pictures?  I'm guessing 2 megs.....
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Images max size is 30MB. The key to uploads are making sure to hit the add attachment button after you select the file. I attached an image of the max upload sizes for the various file types.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So what I'm reading is I found an extremely rare prototype Margay right? What are the wheels and pedals worth?

Not a prototype. Just a kart someone bastardized to make fit their purpose. The early cast pedals are original to the New Breed and New Breed Sidewinder. Dont think they came on a first generation Cheetah. Steering wheel is most likely a Hartman. The steering has been butchered and added the heim joint. Someone made it adjustable. Also looks like it may be some Hartman components. Not uncommon during the early 70's. Motor mount has been heavily modified or completely changed up to support that 2 hp Briggs. The early type swing mounts are way too flexible to keep a chain on with the bulk of a 4 stroke.

What throws a wrench in everything is the spindles are not Margay. They didnt change geometry on the early spindles. Yours has 5/8" bolts instead of the 1/2" it should have. Also appears to have no KPI. Looks like either Azusa or Bug spindles that have been modified. Maybe even some donor parts from a Meyers Lancer. Steering shaft has been cobbled too. A lot of the welds are definitely not factory or even look Margay. A few good closeups will help determine what has been altered from original. It might not even be a Margay. There were some lookalikes back then. Margay wheels were common and considered the standard on so many different brands.